Thursday, September 5, 2013

School Updates and iPhone pics....

This post is basically a "dump" of what's been going on around here.  =)

Today we finished our third week of Footprints Preschool.  It was by far the best week yet.  Brynn took a nap each day at school, which made me think she might finally get the hang of that!  (The first two weeks she didn't nap the first day of the week).  We also talked a lot last weekend about how even if other kids cry, she should just stay happy and have fun.  (There were a couple of boys that CRIED A LOT and her teachers said that she would be totally fine until they started...then sometimes she would get really upset.)  One of those kids was finally able to get into the same preschool as his sister (so he dropped from our preschool), and it made a WORLD of difference.  She never got upset since he wasn't crying.  I am also learning to just LET GO and quit worrying about everything.  The first couple of weeks if I peeked in on her class or saw them walking to the playground or whatever (of course I stayed totally hidden!) and if she was ever fussing I would stress out and be like "oh gosh, why is she doing that?"  I am being brutally honest here, but I just want her to be such a sweet little girl and for her teachers to like her, etc.  I know I have to just let that go.  Obviously, I want to do my VERY BEST as a parent, and I pray daily for wisdom and guidance to be the best mom I can be.  But at some point I just can't stress about it.  I just have to realize that she isn't going to be perfect, that some (let's hope most) of her teachers will LOVE her, and she will probably have a teacher here or there who thinks she's bossy or talkative, or whatever!  HA!

I started a Bible Study this week (Stronger by Angela Thomas).  I'm just doing the homework on my own because with starting this new job and having a baby I knew I couldn't commit to a weekly study.  BUT...I know myself and if I don't have a book with homework, I really struggle spending time daily with the Lord. But it makes a WORLD of difference.  This week it talked about how God is stronger than EVERYTHING.  (It may be such a little thing transitioning to a new part-time job and having Brynn go to pre-school two to three times a week) but GOD IS STRONGER than my worry about how she's doing, my anxiety about adjusting to two kiddos, etc.  I have just felt such a peace this week about letting God be in control and being so thankful that HE IS STRONGER than anything.  In my weakness He is strong!

Okay, whew...I didn't mean to write all of that, but oh well!  Here are a few pictures from my phone from the last week or so.-

We headed a Jackson football game last Friday night with some of our best friends.
Brynn and Millie were having a BLAST eating popcorn and M and M's.
Brynn was a HOOT...she was cheering so loud and clapping and Ryan said "oh great,
she's going to act like you during the games!"  HA!

Sometimes I just can't say no when she asks to "paint mommy's nails?"
I'm sure when she doesn't want to paint my nails anymore, I'll miss
the blue stuck all over my fingers!
I have a couple of jobs after school is over...she is my little helper...
taking snacks back and putting stuff away!
Slushy after school one day!
Helping mommy put away the water pitchers.


The lady who made Brynn's "coming home" gown made the exact same
version for Emory.  It is packed and ready to go!

She also made this...FOR FREE!  It has an E in the middle if you can't see it.  It's ADORABLE!
She LOVES this peg board toy I had as a kid.

This is another toy I had as a kid...she can't do it by herself, but she loves to help me.
We've been taking walks and playing at the playground almost every night since it hasn't been AS hot.  We are just soaking up these last few days as a family of three, but are SUPER excited about what the next few weeks are going to bring!  So thankful to the Lord for providing peace this week and being IN CONTROL of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment