Saturday, September 7, 2013

Last TRI of the Season

Saturday morning Ryan had his last triathlon of the "season."  It was out at Trail of Tears State Park (which is only like 20 minutes from our house).  It's a beautiful park!  Thankfully, my dad was able to go with me because being 38 weeks pregnant, running around on an 85 degree day, and trying to keep track of our stroller, backpack, and BRYNN was a job for two people!  (I kept thinking "why didn't I think this was a big deal last year...it was just me and Brynn, but I guess the pregnant status made things a bit more challenging this year!  HA!)  Ryan also said "I'm glad he's coming because I need someone with you if your water breaks while you are out here!"  HA!  We had fun watching them swim, bike, and run!  Despite the heat, it was a fun morning cheering him on!







She wanted to get in the water and make a "sand castle" while we watched them swim!

Uncle Jason





THE FINISH!  Whew...it was SO HOT!
I don't know how they did it!
Jason was about 20 seconds ahead of Ryan as they were finishing, and Ryan ran by us and smiled
and said "man, I ran out of real estate to catch him!"  HA!
I am so thankful he is always in such a good mood no matter how things go!

Hanging out after the race!
YAY DADDY!  I think he did four triathlons this summer and we have had so much fun watching them all and cheering him on!  But I will admit, I AM READY for his alarm clock to NOT go off at 5 am every morning to work out...OH WAIT...I'm going to have a "baby" alarm going off all hours of the night pretty soon!  HAHA!

1 comment:

  1. The baby alarm is Ryan's "payback" for all those 5 am wake up calls for his training.
    My due date is the 23rd so we'll have little ones super close in age.
    I know Jason would love to meet up with Ryan (we're coming home in November) if you guys would be up for El Torerros or something.

    ReplyDelete