Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dad's SURPRISE 60th

Saturday night we had a SURPRISE birthday party to celebrate my Dad turning 60 this year!  His actual birthday isn't until September 19, but since my due date is September 22 we didn't want to plan anything too close to the actual day.  Plus, my sister was already going to be in town this weekend for a wedding shower so it just worked out really well!  

I made the invites on Shutterfly and they turned out really cute.  I LOVE these pictures of him!
I have to be honest...my mom and I were a LITTLE worried he was going to be mad at us for throwing him a surprise party.  He had mentioned several times over the last few months about how he DID NOT want a party or for us to do anything big for his 60th, but we decided to go ahead and do it.  We figured if we kept it low-key and just family and close friends that maybe he wouldn't be too mad!  HA!  AND...honestly just thinking about what this time last year was like...we decided that it was a BIG DEAL that he was celebrating number 60 so we did it!

This time last year I was begging God for him to have another birthday...
SO GRATEFUL that he is around to celebrate it!  THANK YOU GOD!
My parents had a wedding at 4, so they left around 3:15 which gave us (me and Ryan and Brynn, Lindsey and Curt, and my grandparents) about an hour and a half to get things set up and decorate a bit.  We were working down to the wire...but got everything done!  Whew!  Family and friends started arriving around 5:00 and when my parents got there about 5:30 HE WAS TOTALLY SURPRISED!



And the best part was he wasn't mad at us!  HA!

Dad and his girls!
Brynn had on a special 60th birthday headband thing...she ran up and gave him a big hug...
how could he be mad about that!  HA!


Praying for the food and thanking God for my Dad being here to celebrate his 60th!


While he was inside celebrating and visiting, Brynn and Ansley were having a little party of their own outside...running through the sprinkler!  They were a HOOT to watch!



Ansley didn't have a suit with her so she wore one of my mom's t-shirts...it was hilarious!
That shirt kept falling all over the place!  I literally just deleted like 10 pictures because as Brynn said
"I can see your boobies Ansley!"  AHHH!




Of course Brynn wanted to help Grandpa open his cards.



We are so thankful to all our family and friends who were able to come and help us celebrate Dad's 60th!  It was SUCH a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment