Sunday, September 22, 2013

Emory's Birth - Heading Home

Monday morning we filled out paperwork and got everything loaded up.  Ryan's mom brought Brynn up to the hospital about 10 and we all hung out until we were officially discharged.  I couldn't believe we were getting ready to head home as a family of FOUR!

Daddy was getting in some early morning snuggles!


Again, I took a hot  bath that morning but I never fixed my hair!  YIKES!  We put Emory in her special coming home gown (Brynn has a super similar one and it is so special to me.  It's in a shadow box in her room and I love it!) and got ready to head out.



Ready to head out!

My nurse was AWESOME!
I had heard about her and met her before, but she wasn't my nurse with Brynn.  She was phenomenal.
I'm always so impressed with how awesome every OB nurse seems to be!



I got so emotional leaving the hospital with Brynn, and I had a feeling this time would be no different.  I don't know what it is...just a combination of excitement, exhaustion, nerves, and gratitude for this precious little life!  I made it all the way out of the hospital and to the car before I lost it a little.  How could you not when you at this precious little girl!


Heading home as a mama of four made me a little emotional!

When we got home Emory kept snoozing away in her car-seat so we were able to unload everything in the car (and it was a TON of stuff...I don't know how we accumulated that much stuff just in two nights at the hospital!) and get our house back in order.  Brynn had fun getting out some of Emory's future "toys" and gear and playing around.




We are now the proud parents of two very special and sweet little girls and are so excited to start this adventure as a family of four.  Please continue to pray for us as we adjust and acclimate...it is so exciting to think about all that the future holds!  We pray that God would help us be the very best parents we can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment