Saturday, June 8, 2013

Silver Dollar City

Monday morning we headed to Silver Dollar City for a day of fun...sorry for the picture overload!
Getting all strapped in and ready to go!


We headed to the kiddie area for some fun rides!  Almost all of the rides required an adult to ride with her...everyone got to have lots of fun and bring out their inner kid!  HA!


Grandpa couldn't resist riding the "jumping frogs."  HA!


Any ride that had purple "creatures" was a must.  She would wait in line and say "wait a minute...I ride the purple one!"



Ryan is having a little too much fun up there...and Brynn and Grandpa are cruising along below...


Big girl riding all by herself!
Then we headed to the "flying elephants" ride.  There was a sign that said you had to be at least 36 inches tall, even to ride with a parent! WHAT?  Brynn is about 35 inches, so we were like "let's just try it."   Ryan took her and the lady made her stand by the measuring tape.  Ryan told Brynn to stand on her tip-toes, and the lady caught him and said "she's standing on her tippy toes.  She needs to stand flat."  So Ryan told Brynn to stand flat and then he evidently somehow scooted her a tiny bit up and she PASSED!  HA!



When she got off the ride she said she wanted to ride it again, so we were like "let's go right now while that same lady is there, and hopefully she will remember that she just passed Brynn and won't make us measure her again!"  So mommy got to ride with her.  While we were waiting in line, she would look at the kids getting on and tell me "they riding my purple el-phant!  Wait a minute...that my purple el-phant!"  HA!  She was seriously so concerned about not getting to ride the purple one...thankfully she always got a purple one.




When we got off the elephant ride there were a couple other kiddie rides, but again, you had to be at least 36 inches tall TO RIDE WITH A PARENT!  So we went to one, but the worker said she thought Brynn was a tad too short.  She suggested that we go to the "measuring station" where someone would officially measure her and give her a colored-coded wristband.  She said if they "passed" her, it would be no trouble for her to easily get on all the 36 inch rides.  I'm thinking "okay, this should be easy." Surely if she's 3/4 of an inch too short it won't be a big deal.  Well, we went and they failed her!  HA!  So we went and did a few other little rides she could do, and then we decided to give it another try at the measuring station...oh but we were crafty this time.  I am not kidding when I say that we took out her pigtails and put her hair in a big bun on the top of her head, and we seriously wadded up kleenexes and put them in her shoes.  She was like "my shoes hurt mommy" to which I thought "you will thank me later kid!"  We also sent my mom in with her instead of Ryan who had gone before...hoping they wouldn't remember us.  HA!  I would have gone with her, but that kind of thing stresses me out!

Fingers crossed we pass the 36 inch mark!

I know this picture looks like she is WAY too short, but those colors aren't exactly right...
Verdict - she failed again!  The lady said she measured 35 1/2 inches!  WHAT???  Oh well...there wasn't a TON we missed out on, and when we go back in July with Ryan's family you better believe I"m going to rig up something to get her to 36 inches...any suggestions?  I'm thinking "jenga blocks" or something in her shoes?  HA!

I didn't even know this picture existed...was I in the bathroom?
Dad what are you teaching her about guns?? AHHH!  HA!
We decided to ride the train before lunch and we had to wait for like 20 minutes, so my dad and Ryan took her to ride a couple of rides.  They came back as we were boarding the train and said they had done some little boat ride.  My dad said she liked it until the end when water started shooting up and I guess it scared her a little.  I said "can mommy ride the boat ride with her after the train?"  She says "no mommy, that not fun!"  HA!

Train ride!

Yes, my camera crazy husband took about five pictures of this cardinal...I deleted all but one...
Ryan, you can thank me for saving even one of these pics...



Then we went to this tree-house thing.  Ryan got to go with her since we wasn't...you guessed it...36 inches tall.  They were having lots of fun until her foot went through one of the cords and she got stuck.  That was the only time all day she got upset...and she wasn't happy.  She started screaming "I want my mommy!"  HA!  I don't think she wants to go back in there for awhile.








We headed home around 3 and she miraculously stayed awake on the drive...that could have been because my mom and I were shoving stickers and stuff in her face.  I just knew she'd take a much better nap if she was back in her pack-n-play vs. the car.  Once we got home she took a monster nap and so did we!  Then we got ready and headed to "the landing" area of Branson...lots of cute new shopping and waterfront restaurants.  We ate at Joe's Crab Shack and then walked around doing some window shopping...so fun!







There were these para-sailing/go-cart things in the sky!  I kid you not...it was like a sky go-cart with
a parachute on top, and there were 3 of them!  Brynn (and Ryan) were enthralled!
Oh it was such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment