Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Big Fat Greek...Sleep Over???

We just had one of the most fun weekends in a LONG TIME!  We left EARLY Friday morning to head to Bolivar, Missouri (near Springfield) because my cousin Ty's wedding was on Saturday.   We had a BLAST!  Not only was the wedding AMAZING (more pictures tomorrow), but my aunt and uncle let our ENTIRE extended family stay at their house, so it was like one big family slumber party.  There were 17 people at their house all weekend!  Thank goodness they had so many bedrooms!


I bought Brynn this little suitcase!  HOW CUTE!




She does really well in the car..all she needs for long trips is her paci and watching the Wiggles
on repeat...but that's another story!

Bridal luncheon - it was BEAUTIFUL!




Mom, me, Linz, Aunt Tina, Morgan the beautiful bride-to-be, Ty's mom (my
aunt Gina), Grandma, and my cousins Tarah and Tori (Ty's sisters)




Morgan with the grandparents.
Doesn't she look GORGEOUS!

Friday night we all headed out to the wedding site for the rehearsal.
We helped set up chairs and had fun looking at the cows and horses. =)

Ebby Lee and Brynn had some fun with all the hay!


Since my cousin Ty is almost seven feet tall (picture doing his laundry!!) Morgan put this stool out
so when they said "you may kiss your bride" she stood up on it to kiss him.  It was so cute!
But at the rehearsal Brynn just kept carrying it around everywhere!

 After the rehearsal we all headed back to town for the delicious rehearsal dinner...but it was just one of those nights for Brynn.  I was picturing eating this delicious supper and visiting with my cousins, but she was just tired and cranky and since there wasn't a highchair she was having some issues!  HA! She just wanted to run all over the place, and I was having nightmares about all the glass vases crashing to the floor.  So...I think I scarfed down some food in about two seconds and Ryan and I ended up leaving early (it was already past her bedtime anyway...).  Luckily, she is really good about being able to sleep anywhere, so we got home and got her to bed (in the pack in play in my cousin's closet....HA!) and then had a wonderful time hanging out and visiting with everyone else once they got home.

My mom's side of the family is NOTORIOUS for getting up early...something I used to HATE, but I'm that way now too and I actually enjoy being a morning person.  (We joke that my grandpa needs a morning nap by 8:00 because he's already been up so long!)  Anyway - the next morning I think everyone was up by 6:30 (except the babies) and I just couldn't resist taking some pictures of our crazy family and what we were up to the morning of the wedding.

All the guys were having coffee on the deck...

My mom and aunt were putting self-tanner on...YES...at 6:30 AM!  HAHAHA!

And we were all eating breakfast...during the week I think Erika and I text each other by 7 am most mornings (HA!) but on Saturday morning I think I got her message (from one room over) at 6:20..."are you up?"  Oh how I love that girl! 


A little while later Erika's hubby Tab and her two little ones joined us upstairs...Brynn kept snoozing through all the fun. I think that poor girl was worn out!

Later that morning all the girls took the kids to the park (the same park we used to play at when we were little kids visiting them!) while the guys went to Springfield to visit Bass Pro.  Then we came back and got ready and had some downtime before the wedding.  The wedding was AWESOME...I'll have pictures up soon!


This picture is out of order but I had to include it.  During the rehearsal we went up to the "barn" (where the reception was going to be held) to look around.  The reception menu was written so cute on this chalkboard, and I turned around IN HORROR to see Brynn erasing it by swiping her hand all over it!  OH MY GOSH!  Thankfully I found the piece of chalk and tried my best to fix it all.  (I'm confessing that on my blog...I know Morgan reads this and I don't know if she knows that Brynn did that!  Morgan - if you thought your menu sign looked a little off that's why!  I'm apologizing!  HA!)

1 comment:

  1. Love Brynn in her purple! She looks darling.Love you in your maxi! I can just imagine the fun you all had, and I can't wait until the July wedding festivities. What a wonderful family you all have. Just the kind I would have picked for Curt.

    ReplyDelete