Wednesday, June 27, 2012

15 months & Check-Up

On Tuesday we took Brynn for her 15 month check-up.  The appointment went well, and she doesn't have another appointment until she's 2!  HOLY COW!  Here's what's going on at 15 months...

  • Height - 31.5 inches - 80%
  • Weight - 23.2 lbs. - 54%
  • Head Circumference - 84%
  • He told us her "straightener burn" was a "superficial second degree burn" and that it shouldn't permanently scar (Don't I win mother of the year award!)  He said it might stay pink for about a year, but it should eventually go away.  
  • Size 12-18 month clothes (although some of her shirts have a hard time staying down over her little belly! HA!
  • Size 4 diaper
  • Wakes up between 8 and 8:30 in the morning, and naps from about 1-3.  If it's just a normal night at home we usually start her bath around 8, and she's in bed a little after 8:30.
  • She is pretty much an eating machine.  we have gotten into a little routine of her and I eating waffles and fruit for breakfast (she also eats a little oatmeal...I eat a little whipped cream on my waffle!  HA!) For lunch we usually have sandwiches, so she eats a couple pieces of deli meat, a slice of cheese, some veggies (usually green beans or peas), and sometimes a little bread and fruit.  For supper she usually eats whatever we are eating...which means she is usually a BIG MESS when supper is over.  I hope she stays this good of an eater forever, but I also hope that she has a good metabolism to go with it!  HA!
  • She still only has two teeth on the bottom, and on top she has the front four, and then skips the next space for a tooth, and the next one on both sides just recently cut through.  I wasn't really worried about them coming in a weird order until Ryan's mom told me "we do have a family history of missing some teeth!"  HA!  WHAT???
  • While she can mimic a lot of what we say her REAL words at this point are mama, dada, ball (bah), cracker (cra-cra...and let me tell you, this one MELTS my heart...I usually give her crackers just to hear her say it!), more (mah...this is Ryan's favorite word to hear her say), baby, balloon (boon...I never realized that Sam's and Wal-Mart have balloons up everywhere until we take her and she points at all of them and says "boon boon boon"), duck (uck), and car (cah).  I LOVE hearing her talk!
  • She is just learning and doing more everyday.  Her little bubbly personality is so much fun.  I love doing errands with my sweet girl.  We were walking into our church offices the other day and she held my hand as we walked in.  I could see our reflection in the glass and I just had a "moment."  AHHH!  I am enjoying this summer so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment