Friday, July 29, 2011

Big girl, big toy!


Tuesday after Brynn's appointment Ryan decided it was time to get out the Baby Einstein jumper-thingie and put it together.  Just a warning...my husband likes to "work" and put things together without a shirt on...don't ask me why!  (Our basement is always cold, so I don't think it's because he is over-heated.  I think he likes to catch himself in the mirror and look at his "I get up at 5 am and work-out" body.  HAHA!  I seriously catch him looking at himself in the mirror and doing weird flexing poses!)  But anyway - that's beside the point.  For some reason we took a BUNCH of pictures of this, so the other warning is that you might get a little bored of a billion pictures of Brynn playing in her new jumper.

Wahoo...hot bod! HAHA!  (Maybe I should try to sneak pictures of him flexing when he doesn't think anyone is looking...that would make a FABULOUS blog post!)

Wow guys...what do I do with all of this stuff?

Okay...I know she isn't smiling in hardly any of these pictures, but I promise she was!  HAHA!  

Her legs don't touch the floor yet.  So precious!

But never fear...when your husband is a physical therapist he knows what to do.  He added a book under her so she could put weight on her legs.  I believe he called it a "weight-bearing modality" or something like that...what a nerd!  HA!  Just kidding...I love seeing him in physical therapist mode.

We realized he had grabbed a Bible and she was standing on it.  I said "oh my gosh, she is standing on the Word of God.  I want her to live her life like this!"  To which Ryan began singing a hilarious rendition of "Standing on the Promises of God!"  It was such a funny moment!  But also very symbolic...I really do want this to be the foundation of her life.  Isn't it interesting how God uses everyday little moments to remind us of Him?

She is really starting to grab and hold things.


I love my new toy!

2 comments:

  1. precious as always! i want to squeeze those little cheeks! and, haha, love the bible metaphor, that's hilarious but yes true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute!! I hope I get to meet this sweet girl this fall!

    ReplyDelete