Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not our best Thursday...


Several blogs I read have done "day in the life" posts recently...so I thought I'd write one too.  Turns out...today wasn't our best day by far, but that's life, right?  And just for the record, I think most of you are going to find this post incredibly boring, so feel free to skip it. 

To start off, my husband's alarm went off at 5:00 am so he could ride bikes with his training group...try as I might I can hardly ever fall back asleep after he leaves.  He got home and showered and got Brynn up at 7.  (He likes to get her up because he doesn't see her all day).  I nursed at 7 and then we went downstairs to play.  I read her some books, she sat in the bumbo, I pumped while she played on her activities mat (and tried to roll over...but couldn't so that made her mad), and then she did some tummy time. 

Ryan and I had been debating whether or not we should start "weaning" her from her swaddle blanket.  She is really trying to roll over and I'm just scared she will roll over in her crib and have no arms to help her, you know?  So...after reading what a bunch of people have tried, we decided we would try to swaddle just one arm out to start with.  At 8:30 I swaddled her and prayed she would go down like normal.  Well, praise the Lord she went down just fine like always.  She slept her whole nap, and at 10 when I went in to get her she was sleeping just like this.  So sweet!


I nursed at 10 and then we ran to Target to get a few things.  On my way out I looked down at myself and realized that one of my nursing pads was sticking halfway out of my bra! AHHHH!  We got home by 11:30 so I could put her down for her nap.  Again, I swaddled her with one arm out and she went down easily...yay!  Ryan came home for lunch at 12 and we ate and watched the Tour de France...we have been watching it over his lunch break a bunch...nerds I know.  Well, about 12:30 little Miss B was moving around and woke herself up (which happens a lot, and she usually always puts herself back to sleep), but with this new arm thing I guess it was harder.  She was crying in and out and couldn't go back to sleep.  I nursed at 1 and we played downstairs and I folded laundry.  Put her down at 2:30 and she went down (one arm) fine.  But again she woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep.  She laid in the swing awhile and then we just cuddled and rocked.  I nursed around 4 and then we ran a couple of errands...we took Ryan's grandma a squash and zucchini from our garden.  We got home and I put her down around 5:30.  I tried leaving the other arm out this time.  I started supper but she wouldn't go down.  I let her cry for awhile, and then swaddled her the normal way with both arms inside her swaddle.  She kept fussing and I tried the paci (wouldn't take it), tried to burp her, no dirty diaper, etc.  Finally she fell asleep on her own around 6...whew!  In the meantime I had been in and out of the kitchen finishing supper.  Ryan got home around 6:15 and we ate, and then Brynn woke up at 6:30.  She normally gets up around 6:20 or 6:30 from this nap, but she also usually falls asleep around 5:30, not 6.  I'm starting to think this "swaddle weaning" thing is not a good idea...haha!  Then we had to run up to church to get costumes for skits we are in for VBS next week.  We got home a little after 7 and I nursed.  While I was nursing my friend Emily stopped by.  She and Wyatt visited and we got some cute pics of Wyatt trying to give Brynn a kiss. 

Emily, Wyatt, me, and little Brynn

Whoa buddy...her daddy isn't going to like that!  HA!

So cute!

Kisses!

Emily and Wyatt left and we put Brynn down.  We are letting her take this nap in her swing, and we are watching Big Brother that we DVR'ed. 

Wow...I gotta say this has not been our best day, but I am learning to be thankful for EVERY moment of the day.  I want to just enjoy every second of this little baby!  Sure there are times I get worried or frustrated, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  God is really teaching me that when he gives us a job he equips us for that job.  Right now my job is being a mom, and even when it's tough I know he has equiped me to do it as best I can.   When I see that little smile and hear her little coos I know it is ALL WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment