Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy Week

Whew...this week has been so fun and busy.  This week is VBS at our church.  I'm not helping like I normally do, which has made me kind of sad.  I really LOVE helping at VBS, but with Brynn as little as she is I know that it is better for me to just stay with her and then next year we will have a blast going together.  Sunday night our church had a prayer walk for VBS and Ryan and I did the pre-school prayer walk.  I LOVED seeing their little rooms and the crafts and music and games they would be doing.  I think Brynn is going to love it as she gets bigger!  Ryan did a skit on Tuesday for one of the daily dramas at VBS and I did one today...so at least we got to help out a little bit.

Tuesday is Ryan's day off from work, and was also Brynn's 16th week birthday.  So we celebrated with her first taste of rice cereal.  It was so much fun and adorable watching her "eat" it, and by eat I mean slobber, smile and blow bubbles on the cereal. 

Daddy's such a good helper!

What is this stuff?

I LOVE IT!

 This child had rice cereal (which was seriously like spooning breast milk in her mouth!) ALL OVER HER!

After her diaper change she spit up BIG TIME...all over mama!  Ryan was cracking up and said we had to take a picture.  It may not look like we were covered, but it was EVERYWHERE!

When I used to smell other people's kids spit up I seriously wanted to throw up.  I thought it was even worse than poop.  But when Brynn spits up I just think it's adorable...I guess that's what becoming a mom has done to me.
 Now the real reason we are busy busy this week is because my sister is having a "honeymoon" garage sale.  When Ryan and I got married we had a garage sale...our family and friends donated stuff they didn't want and they said we could keep the money and use it for our honeymoon.  So Lindsey and Curt (who are getting married next July) are having their big garage sale this weekend.  Wednesday we went to Oran to get a bunch of stuff from my grandparents.  We ate fried chicken and fish and had so much fun visiting with them.  Then we came home and helped Lindsey unload all the stuff, organize, price, etc.  Today (Thursday) Curt is in town and they are taking all of his stuff, getting stuff from our house, finishing up getting a ton of stuff from my parents house, etc.  It has been a lot of work loading, unloading, pricing...I hope they have a great sale on Friday and Saturday.  Brynn was such a big helper! HA!

I put Brynn in her carrier so that we could help them move stuff out of our house.  Brynn LOVES being in this little thing...I think it's because she always wants to be able to see what's going on.
Good luck at the garage sale Lindsey and Curt!

No comments:

Post a Comment