Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Doctor Visit

Tuesday was Brynn's 4 month check-up.  We hadn't ever taken pictures at the doctor before, so we figured we would snap some this time.  We have scheduled all of her appointments on Tuesdays because Ryan is off work and likes to go along.  Her stats were...
  • 14 pounds, 9 oz. (75%)
  • 25 1/4 inches long (85%)

Brynn looks fascinated...haha!  We had undressed her before they weighed her so we were just waiting around for Dr. Hoffman.


We go to church with our pediatrician and I really like him!  I kept thinking "I hope other people have taken pictures at their appointments because he probably thinks we are crazy parents!"

Brynn had to get three shots and one "drink" of something.  She didn't seem to notice the first shot and I was thinking "wow...she doesn't have mommy's fear of needles!"  Then by the second and third ones she was screaming and looked as red as a tomato!  I can't watch her get them...obviously...with my fear of needles I am seriously afraid I would pass out!  I told Ryan that as she gets older HE is going to take her to get her shots!

At least the medicine tasted okay.

I think she is thinking "what did they just do to me?"  See her three little band-aids?  She was fine after they were over, but whew...for a second I thought she was going to blow a lung out!
We are so thankful for a healthy report by the doctor!  By six months he said we should expect her to be rolling all over the place, maybe being close to sitting up, and some separation anxiety.   WHOA...she is getting too big!

2 comments:

  1. OK, so I know this is my answer for everything and it probably gets annoying...BUT...if you nurse her while she is getting her shots, she won't be nearly as upset. Isaac would barely even whimper during shots cause he got the boob. ;) And I have the same fear of needles, so I would always just close my eyes while he was getting the shot or I'd look at his face instead of the needle.

    ReplyDelete