Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Milestones and a Powernapper?


Brynn has become quite the little grown-up over the past couple of days! HA!  Two days ago she rolled over for the first time! YAY!  She was laying on her tummy at my parents house and she was kind of in "push-up" mode.  She was looking at some books and then she started swaying to one side...we were like "oh my gosh!"  Then she tumbled over and we all yelled so loud (in excitement) that we startled her and she started crying!  It was so funny!  Then yesterday she rolled over 2 more times (both from tummy to back). 

She has also seemed to want to eat less frequently.  That same day she ate at 4, and then didn't want to eat again until bedtime at 9:15!  I don't want her to go that long, so I'm trying to let her eat about every 3 1/2 hours or so, and she seems to be doing good with that.  BUT...she hasn't wanted to nurse from me very well.  A couple of times a day (usually during the day) I've had to give her bottles for her to eat.  I'm not going to freak out majorly about it...she is going to have to start taking bottles much more frequently once I go back to school, so maybe God is just getting me ready for it.  It is kind of sad though, because as bad as I thought I'd be at nursing, I've actually really enjoyed it and feel like it has been a special bonding thing between us.  She is still nursing well in the morning and at bedtime, and I'm trying it every feeding, so we will just see how things go. 

And now for our new snaffu (how do you spell that?)  It seems like when we get one thing down we are on to something new...I'm learning that parenting is like that a LOT.  She has been sleeping longer through the night and is a lot more active and awake during the day, but only wants to take about 40-45 minute naps (one around 9, 12:30, 4, and 7:30).  I feel like she probably needs longer naps, but she is so happy and content and playful during the day that maybe she's fine.  I don't know.  I've looked up a ton of stuff online, and one parent's comment stuck out.  She said her child was doing the same thing and that she stressed about it for a month, tried a bunch of stuff, and finally just accepted the fact that she had a child who took 40 minute naps, and her life was much easier!  =)  Maybe I need to just do the same thing.  Who knows??

She is getting to be such a BIG GIRL!  Look at that head control!

So sweet!

On another note, have any of you heard that song "Cutie Patootie" by Eden from Toddlers and Tiaras?  She sang it on "The View" the other day and I can't get it out of my head.  I've been singing it to Brynn all the time and she starts giggling and smiling.  It's so cute!  I don't know all the words, so Brynn and I have been making up our own version!

Hope you guys have a GREAT day, and if you get sleepy, just take a 45 minute power nap...evidentally they are just the thing tired girls need!

No comments:

Post a Comment