Monday, August 1, 2011

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh


Are we going organic?  Well...we are trying a few organic things here and there.  This is also Ryan's third year to have a garden...where we grow tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, basil, and a few others things that change from year to year.  I LOVE having the fresh vegetables in the summer and it just makes me feel so healthy.  We are trying to buy more organic meats too...  

We have been going to this super cute little market that sells hormone-free meats, organic produce, fresh milk and eggs, etc.  We have been buying the organic milk and the eggs.  The milk comes in old-school glass bottles, which for some reason I LOVE.  And it really tastes better...the milk and eggs both.  It is amazing...we've done blind taste-tests on each other! 

One of my favorite things to eat when I was little was something my dad called "Adam and Eve on a Raft."  (I have NO IDEA why my dad called it that).  When we started buying the fresh eggs we started making them all the time for breakfast.  Voila...

  
I have to admit that it did weird me out the first time I ate one that was blue...HA!

I used to love how my dad would cut out the middle of the bread with a cup.  We will have to teach Brynn that someday.

SO DELICIOUS!  We break the middle of the eggs with the circle "toasts" and soak up the eggs and then eat the rest.  Have you guys ever made these?

On a completely different note...Aunt Soni and cousin Mollie came over to see Brynn today.  They brought Brynn a little present...look at this little Mizzou chair!  If she's anything like her mama, this is going to be the PLACE TO BE come fall.  Get comfy in a chair, sit back, relax (and if by relax you mean screaming at the tv while your blood pressure soars to 150), and watch the Tigers win the football game!

Mollie got some big smiles from Brynn!

Silly faces!

1 comment:

  1. If you're talking about Heritage Farms we love to visit it when we are in Jackson! Neat place!!

    ReplyDelete