Saturday, May 25, 2013

Zoo Day Tuesday


This Tuesday we took Brynn to the St. Louis Zoo!  My parents like to take her in the fall and spring, and so this Tuesday was IT!  YAY!  My dad couldn't go because he's off on a "civil war camping trip" (he is in heaven!) so me, Ryan, my mom, and Brynn loaded up and headed off for the zoo. 

We dropped Ryan and Brynn off around 10, and my mom and I made a quick run to Pottery Barn Kids to pick up Emory's BEDDING! (My mom's baby gift for her!  THANKS MOM!)  (And Ryan let me get a "big girl" chair for Brynn since we are moving the rocker into the baby room).  Then we headed back to the zoo to meet up with them...they were at the elephants.  We finished up seeing some animals and then had lunch, before heading off to see more animals and ride the train!



This is an interesting smile...HA!

The baby elephant didn't want to get in the water with the mommy elephant, and she
kept saying "Get in water, baby!"

My mom packed an AMAZING lunch...and we got to sit outside in the shade right by a big pond.  It was (in the word's of Rene'...and I know I'm becoming more and more like her every day!) GLORIOUS!



Brynn was dressing Ryan up and I think he left this hat on the rest of the day!  HA!


We got this Safari Pass thing that gave us free entry into the Stingray's, the Children's Petting Zoo area, unlimited rides on the carousel (that was worth the $10 price by itself!), and the Train!


We knew she'd LOVE the train and the carousel, but I was surprised how much she LOVED petting the goats...she was hilarious!  "Hi Goat!"  "He fuzzy" "tickle tickle goat!"



Some of these had their eyes closed so she kept saying "WAKE UP GOAT!"
"OPEN EYES GOAT!"



I guess we didn't take ONE picture of us riding the "choo choo train" but she LOVES that!  Then after a couple of stops, we got off where the carousel was.  She was SO EXCITED!  And of course we had to find an animal that had a purple saddle.  After a couple of rides I was dizzy!  HA!  But she wanted to keep riding...she loves that thing!  I'm thinking this coming year at the fair she is going to need one of those unlimited wrist bands because riding that thing only one time will be OUT of the question!


And what animal had the purple saddle that she insisted on riding EVERY time?
The Somali Wild Ass!  HA!
And I rode behind her on the hippo...I thought that was pretty fitting since that's what
I felt like! HA!


I told Ryan I thought he would look pretty cute if I got him a hat...
just one that is his own size and not a pink and purple striped one from Children's Place!



We left about 3, when she could hardly keep her eyes open anymore.  (But of course once we got in the car, she was wide awake and even made us stop about 15 minutes down the highway because she needed to pee pee!  HA!)  I honestly started getting worried that she was just going to watch her little DVD player and never sleep on the way home, but she finally conked out about 45 minutes from home.

After supper we headed to the hospital to see our friend Ashley's new baby, little Lynley!  Brynn LOVES babies (although I know she doesn't know what it will be like to have one LIVING at our house full time...ha!) and she was so excited to help hold Lynley.  She wanted to touch her hair, her feet, her nose, etc.  It definitely made me excited for September!

LOOK AT THAT SMILE!
She was SO excited!

It was a busy Tuesday, but full of FUN!  Lots of special memories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment