Friday, May 17, 2013

Brynn Lately...

Brynn is just at such an interesting, funny age.  She talks a LOT and we can usually understand what she is trying to tell us about 98% of the time.  Some funny things she has said and done lately are...

  • She was going poo poo on the potty the other day and I was standing in there with her.  I guess she wanted her privacy because she goes "tinks mommy, go out."  (AKA...my poo poo stinks mommy, so go out!)  HA!
  • She likes to help pick out her clothes...which is always an interesting ordeal.  The other day we put on her clothes and I heard her talking to herself.  She was in the guest room looking in the mirror and repeating over and over "I SO pretty.  I SO pretty!"  I guess she has a pretty positive self-image right now!  =)
  • There are several girls that live near us that are somewhere between like 9-12 years old.  Brynn thinks the "big girls" are so cool, especially because they ride their bikes and scooters up and down the street.  One of them wears this purple bike helmet with a unicorn horn.  The other day when Brynn woke up from her nap we opened her blinds and looked out at the street.  The girls were riding by, and Brynn saw the helmet.  She says "I have helmet too.  Put on mommy.  Show big guls." (She doesn't pronounce the r in girls).  So we had to get her pink bunny bike helmet out of her closet, put it on her head, and walk outside to show the big girls her helmet.  Of course when they rode by she got really shy and didn't wave.  Then she started waving furiously after they rode by and kept saying "see guls gin??" 

Clearly she was excited about showing her helmet off!  HA!
  • This probably won't sound funny, but it's just the way she says things.  We really try to talk about holding hands before we walk in a road and how we always need to look for cars.  We were at the library and a car was really far away.  I was holding her hand and said that we could go ahead and walk across to our car.  She goes "no mommy, wait-uh min-it, wait-uh min-it!"  So we stood there for like five minutes waiting for this super slow car from far away to go across.  =)
  • I was blow-drying my hair and she has a little Disney blow-dryer that works.  I said "why don't you go get your blow-dryer so we can do our hair together."  She goes and gets it and I said "are you going to blow-dry your hair?"  She says "no, I bow-dye my knee cause I big gul."  (She started blow-drying her knee...she had fallen the night before and had a big boo boo there.  I guess she thought it would help??)
  • This isn't really funny, but it just cracks me up how she can really understand things and verbalize it.  We were at Lowe's buying ferns and she saw the "water falls" (aka the bird baths and all the little water features).  We were getting ready to check out and we told her we had to go.  She says "wait uh min-it (that's like her new phrase these days!)...I wanna (and then she pauses for a long time) touch it."  Part of it is just the way her little voice says things, but I could not stop laughing.  Ryan walked over and said "what did she say?"  I told her to tell Daddy what she wanted to do.  She says "I wanna touch it" and smiles really big.  It was just a funny moment...probably not on here though.  HA!
  • She was with my mom at the park a weekend ago and my mom said they got out of the car and Brynn looked at the park.  She had told my mom she wanted to swing.  As soon as they saw the swings my mom said Brynn yells "can't swing, all full!"  (All the swings had kids on them).  My mom said the way she said it was just so funny my mom burst out laughing.  Again...not anything that sounds funny on here...but special little memories to us.  I love how much she expresses herself!
  • She has started saying "oh my goodness, oh my goodness" a lot!
  • Pamaw got her this hat for the summer and she really likes it.  She has been wearing it around a LOT!


  • The other day before Bible Study at church she helped pick out her outfit.  She wanted to wear her "pup-ple budd-fie shut" (purple butterfly shirt).  Then she says "need pants, cover my boo boo" so she runs back to her room and comes out looking like this (pic below).  I was super impressed that she actually found these and put them on herself!  Hey...she had blue in the butterfly shirt so I let her wear them!  HA!



There is NEVER a dull moment at this stage of life...NEVER!  =)  Oh Brynn...we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment