Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Steamboat Triathlon

This past Sunday Ryan and his training guys competed in the Steamboat Triathlon.  They swam a 500, biked 15.5 miles, and ran 5 miles, and it was all around Cape so we were able to watch a bunch of it.  The weather wasn't the greatest, but it was good enough that we were able to run around and drive around like crazy people trying to find Ryan on the course.  =)

They swim at the Bubble, and one person starts every 15 seconds.  They swim up and back every lane.
We sat at the opposite end of the swimmers and got splashed a BUNCH!  HA!

Uncle Jason
Ryan
I had never seen this happen before, but in the middle of people swimming, the lanes came unhooked!  It was right when Ryan got to it, so he was trying to dodge all the crazy lane markers.   He came up out of the water and of course had no idea that had happened, so he was hitting his head on it, trying to swim under it, etc.  LOL!  After several swimmers had to navigate through the lane dividers, a girl finally jumped in and fixed it!
After the race Ryan was joking that he should have gotten a few seconds shaved off his
time for having to go through that!  HA!
When Ryan was almost done with the swim, Brynn and I ran outside to watch him "transition" from swimming to biking.  Prepare yourself for major sexiness with this outfit...Heather, I'm especially talking to you!  HA! (You guys know I just LOVE how attractive the triathlon outfits are, right?  NOT!)




After he left on his bike, Brynn and I ran home because I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD!  HA!  (Then we drove back to the library because it's a good spot to watch the guys ride through on their bikes.

I think Jason is the second one...it's so hard to get pictures of them riding their bikes because you can
hardly tell who is who until they are super close.  And then if it turns out NOT to be them, I feel
like a moron because they are probably like "why was that girl trying to take my picture?" HA!
Ryan started like 10 minutes after Jason so we had some more time to kill before Ryan came through.  Brynn had some fun playing around with the sign and playing with some babies she had brought along.


Brynn really got into cheering for everyone.  She yelled "Go Daddy" at everyone (even girls), and then
I would remind her to just say "GOOD JOB!"  It was really cute!


Trying to take a picture of us.  =)
Then Daddy came through!  GO DADDY!


We were able to see him ride through on his bike, and then drove to a couple of spots to watch him run through.  I have no idea how I'm going to manage doing this next year with TWO KIDS!  I guess I'm definitely going to have to learn how to use a wrap to keep the little one right next to me.  And I don't think we will be driving around nearly as much!  HA!



Finishing...YAY!
He finished in an hour and 31 minutes.  Jason didn't do the run portion because he hurt something on his leg a couple of weeks ago and did the race "relay-style" with a team-mate, so there was no brotherly competition this time around.  =)



I always think it is crazy to look back and see how things have changed the last few years...here are some pictures of us from two years ago, then last year, and then a picture of this year.  =)
2011 - she was four or five weeks old

2012

2013

Before we left, Brynn was "helping" Ryan put his bike away.  She got to "ride" it back to his truck.




After big naps by EVERYONE, Brynn helped Daddy stretch out his sore muscles.  I think we might have a future physical therapist on our hands!




It was a FUN Sunday!

1 comment: