Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ultrasound Sneak Peek


Yesterday was our BIG 20-week ultrasound!  I'm not giving away the gender on this post because we are having a little "reveal" with our families tonight, but I thought I'd post the pictures just to make the grandparents squirm a little more.  (Yes....they are all dying to know and they are driving us crazy!  HA!) 

Ryan's physical therapy offices are just one floor below my doctor's office, which is awesome.  He just took off a couple of hours and was able to run up and do the appointment with us.  The best part was that everything looked good...praise the Lord.  I just never want to take it for granted how amazing it how to see a baby's little spine or to see four chambers of the heart.  

We took Brynn with us to the ultrasound and then she played in the gym's daycare (if you are a member your kiddos can go there if you have a doctor's appointment in the building) while we went to see my OB for my actual appointment.  Brynn was hilarious.  She was a little shy at first and we kept saying "we are going to see pictures of our new baby" and she seemed to understand it.  When I was laying down on the chair she kept saying "get up mommy" and then I told her I had to lay there while Mrs. Catherine (a friend who did my ultrasound) checked mommy's belly.  Then she came over and sat down and said "hold hands mommy??"  It was adorable!  By the end she wanted to lay all over me and would peek up and say "HIIIII Mommy!"  Meanwhile, Ryan was trying to decipher every bit of the ultrasound screen...HA!

Hold Hands Mommy??

Then she would peek up and say "HIIIIII Mommy!"
I could not stop laughing!
And...let's just discuss how attractive my belly button is!  NOT!


Mom...I promise I did fix her hair before we went!  HA!

Looking at the ultarsound...Ryan was INTENTLY trying to figure out the gender.

They were looking at the screen and we were trying to tell Brynn "there is the baby's this or that."
I finally just stopped because I can't "read" those things worth a darn and I would say "I think
that's the baby's head" and Catherine would be like "no, that's the stomach!"  HA!
I clearly have no future in ultrasound readings!

I think we took this picture toward the beginning and Brynn was still being a little shy...she is looking
at Catherine like "who are you and what are you doing with my mommy!?" 
The appointment went so well and we are so thankful for good news!  Stay tuned in a day or two for the GENDER REVEAL!  Any guesses?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear! I am guessing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF that picture of Ryan had been after the ultrasound I would have to say boy but since it is before, hmmmm, I am just not sure. Hopefully, grandma will let me know soon after the reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! I Can't wait!!! I totally think boy!

    ReplyDelete