Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Getting Crazy Around Here..


Oh my goodness...where to even begin.  Our house is becoming a disaster zone!  HA!  
As I've mentioned on here before, once we found out the gender of Baby 2, it was like my brain went into overdrive.  I wanted to get started on the room and try to get some things accomplished ASAP.  This past weekend we (and by we I mean Ryan, my parents, and my in-laws...and me a little bit...I can't do any painting or heavy lifting obviously) started working on Emory's room.  

The PROBLEM this time around is that we aren't moving a baby into an empty room...we are moving a baby into a room that has served as a guest room, Ryan's closet, and has turned little by little into a junk room.  So..needless to say, before any painting could be done or any furniture could be put together, I had some major cleaning out to do.

The dresser that Ryan kept a TON of his stuff in is being painting and used as Emory's
changing table/dresser...so I had to clean all the drawers of Ryan's junk out.
And all of his clothes are moving downstairs into his own "closet" in the laundry room downstairs.

Baby stuff waiting to be moved in...

Five years of junk collected in these drawers...AHHH!
(The top of this did NOT look like this...this was after I cleaned out the drawers)...
Ryan had some stuff to look through.

Bye bye guest bed...
Saturday morning everyone was coming at 9 to help move old furniture out, help paint the walls, put the crib together, and help repaint the furniture.  And here is what Brynn was doing...she was OUT...I had all the lights on and she didn't even move!


Below is the color palette for the baby room.  The walls are a light gray, the furniture is bright white, and the bedding has different shades of purple.  We are getting Brynn's old rocker reupholstered in a lavender geometric print, and using some of these other fabrics in different places around the room.


Getting started...



Here is the dresser before...my dad is painting it bright white.
Ryan's mom used this as HIS changing table when he was a baby!
 I went ahead and woke Brynn up and she wanted to help...she tried to help put painter's tape on the walls!  HA!


Sorry Ryan is always in his skivvies...
this was after the walls were painted a light gray.  =)
 Somebody has been wanting to play in "Emmy's" room.  We let her get in the bed ONE time and she totally reverted to acting like a baby.  I could definitely see what people are talking about when they say it is normal for your first child to act like a baby when the new baby comes...it made me a little nervous.  We've been having lots of talks about how she is the big girl!


And since we had to move a bunch of Ryan's stuff to the basement so we could work on Emory's room, it has started this crazy chain reaction.  We are going to re-organize the laundry room so he can put lots of his hanging clothes and stuff in there, but we don't want to hang up all his stuff until that room is organized, which means we are working on cleaning that room out, along with our other storage rooms.  To make a LONG story short, our basement is a DISASTER area!


My skin is crawling just looking at these pictures, and THIS is the reality just one floor below me as I'm typing this right now!  HA!  I know it will take a couple of weeks for us to just get things cleaned out, thrown away, donated, etc. but it is driving me crazy!  And in turn I know I'm driving my husband crazy!  HA!  Oh well...thankfully in a couple of weeks maybe ALL the storage rooms will be more organized than ever before.  That would make it worth it.


In the meantime, pray for my sanity!  

No comments:

Post a Comment