Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gardening/Herb Project

I had been feeling a little crafty lately...so Brynn and I decided to paint and garden all in one project.  We painted some pots and planted some herbs and tried not to get too messy!







I had some old blue paint and found some old chalkboard paint...thought they turned out
pretty cute!



Then Ryan got home from work and got to get in on the fun!
Brynn wanted to plant some purple flowers in her flowerpot.


I have no idea if I'll get my herbs to grow, but I planted some basil, rosemary, mint, cilantro, and chives.  I really hope they work!



After supper I was cleaning up the dishes while Ryan and Brynn headed outside to play.  They planted some of the purple petunias in the little flower boxes on the swing-set.  This is seriously the BEST view while I'm doing dishes..I love to watch them playing out there!



I am NOT much of a gardener (Ryan usually plants and does everything with our garden) but I love to reap the benefits!  I would LOVE to make some homemade pesto with my fresh basil!  Keeping my fingers crossed that I keep them alive!  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment