Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tree Skirt and Sewing Fun

On Wednesday I had a little crafting/sewing date!  Ryan's mom Pam, and one of her best friends Linda (who is a sewing genius extraordinaire!) came over to help me make a Christmas tree skirt that I had found on Pinterest.  It turned out SO WELL (way better than I could have hoped for, thanks to them!).  Then I helped (aka ate snacks and attempted to help iron seams) them make Brynn and Ansley little aprons for Christmas presents.  Let me tell you, sewing is a GIFT (which I clearly don't have) and it is amazing what Mrs. Linda can make!!!  Thank you Mrs. Linda for a fun little sewing date!!!

Pam bought this little Mud Pie apron and it was the inspiration for the aprons we made later.
Look at her holding some of her princesses.  ("pin-sis")  She is really into her "pin-sis" friends and
loves to put them in the bath with her!
 Brynn hung out for about half an hour while we got set up.  Then my mom picked her up to hang out while we did the sewing.  It was a good thing...we had hot glue, scissors, and lots of dangerous stuff everywhere!  HA!  She got to see Mrs. Linda for awhile, but she was so shy!  (She's going through a phase right now where she is a MAJOR mama's girl AND it takes her quite awhile to warm up).  =)  After she left the REAL work began..


Linda brought over this big piece of fabric (they called it oil cloth I think?) to use as the base
of the tree skirt.  The girl who made the one on pinterest actually hot glued EVERY SINGLE ruffle...
but Linda sewed the burlap and linen strips for me and I just hot glued them on.

Pam is cutting strips of fabric, Linda is sewing, and I am down on the floor gluing.
We decided anytime sewing projects are attempted, three people works great!  HA!

First row glued...

FINISHED PRODUCT!
Isn't it gorgeous!
Rarely do I ever attempt a crafty project and the end product turns out EXACTLY like my inspiration...
but in this case, my tree skirt looks JUST like what I wanted it to.
I'm going to admit that it probably has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with my two helpers!
It actually didn't take very long at all to put it together, so then we started working on some aprons that Pam wants to give the girls for Christmas.  I was just amazed by watching Linda make this from complete scratch!

I did attempt to help iron seams at one point, but Pam came over and we had to re-do them!  HAHA!
Now I know my friends are thinking..."oh, there's the REAL Whitney!"


TA-DA!!!!!!  Adorable...I can't even stand the cuteness imagining Brynn wearing that in the kitchen!
Pam and Linda - thank you so much for helping me with the tree skirt!  It is something I plan on using for YEARS to come.

PS - Linda - You are invited to my house ANYTIME...let's think of another project soon!  HA!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Whitney, you so much like me! The difference is they would have sent me with Renea and kept Brynn! I am such a non sewer, and Deb loves it! Cute aprons and your tree skirt is beautiful.(So is your mother in law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official...I want a date of my own with Pam and Linda!!

    ReplyDelete