Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Decorations 2012

I know this is going to be a super boring post to most of you, but since I make my blog into a book, I want to have some pictures of how we decorated the house for Christmas this year.  

This is the extent of the kitchen...

Door to the garage has our Christmas cards.



I LOVE our new stockings (she spelled Brynn's name wrong but sent me a new name-tag so I can fix it).
Probably the best part??  See Brynn's stocking holder?  Yes, we NEED to go buy a new one for her.  The poor camel from the Nativity scene is having to do the job.  I am going to try to look after Christmas when they are on sale and see
if I can find one that coordinates with what we already have.  HA!


All we are keeping under this tree are the two little Nativity scenes of Brynn's and a box of books.

Let's just say my days as a kindergarten teacher have paid off in the Christmas book department! HA!

When you come in the front door...
see my homemade trees?  Lindsey and I had fun crafting them...but this is a project
that looked a lot cuter on Pinterest than when I actually got done with them.  They are just scrapbook paper
around styrofoam cones.

ONE DAY I dream of having a cute little tall skinny tree right here (actually I dream of it being
in a NEW house) with all our B ornaments on it.  But for now, this thing will have to do.  HA!


Guest room has a little tree.

Our Mizzou basement has some fun gold Christmas stuff...


As a tradition, my mom gets us the new "Danbury Mint" Mizzou ornament every year.
I put the most recent ones on here and the rest go on the tree.
Brynn LOVES to look at these and say "airplane, car, tree, etc.)


Then I thought these pictures really weren't giving an accurate portrayal of my house.  I DO love to keep it picked up all the time, but there are usually a few messes to be found.  See below...mom, I know you are cringing at this clean laundry that needs to be folded...can you imagine all the wrinkles??  HA!


And while I WISH we would pick up the toys every night before bed, sometimes it just doesn't happen...

Brynn's tree, which is also serving as her night-light right now.

Camera flashes just amaze me.  It was REALLY dark in here when I took this picture...(see above pic)
but with the flash this is what the picture looks like.  I just can't believe it changes the picture that much!


Sleeping beauty...
I took these pictures on Saturday morning before we headed over to my mom's to have breakfast with
Lindsey and Curt, who had just gotten in town super late the night before.  So...it was TIME to get up, but
somebody was STILL ASLEEP!   Precious!
I just LOVE our little house.  Even though there are things I WISH we had (a PANTRY, bigger closets,  etc.) it is just the perfect little house for us and we thank God for the blessings of our home!

1 comment:

  1. It looks so pretty Whitney. You and Ryan have a wonderful home.(The key word, being "home") May you have a blessed new year.BTW I loved the card

    ReplyDelete