Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Oreo Bark

Today (Sunday) has been a wonderful day.  Church this morning was just powerful.  The music spoke directly to what our country is facing and we had a special time of prayer for Newtown.  Our pastor preached an incredible sermon about why things like this happen and how we can and should respond/grieve.  And then we've just enjoyed spending time at our house doing normal things like cleaning and cooking and playing.  But as our pastor said, one thing this does is give us perspective.  Let our kids be kids.  Spend time with them, tell them how much you love them, play with them, etc.  This may have turned into us letting Brynn eat WAY too much candy tonight =) but we have just been enjoying time together.  We made some DELICIOUS Christmas Oreo Bark that we will give as little gifts to Brynn's Life Group teachers, "teacher" at the gym daycare, teacher at library storytime, etc.  I am just trying to soak in every second of her.

This DELICIOUS (and super fun and easy) recipe came from my cousin Erika's best friend Shay's blog.  Shay has two blogs, one for her family and one for cooking.  She is SUPER cute and talented and when Ryan and I go to Dallas in March for one of our best friend's weddings I'm going to MAKE Erika invite Shay and I to go to lunch together! HA!  You really need to check her blogs out...and MAJOR side note, you may have heard of her brother...he's going to be the BACHELOR this January!  Yes, Sean is her BROTHER!  WHOA!

Shay's food blog - www.mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com
Shay's family blog - www.shullfamily.blogspot.com

Do I need to remind everyone how much Ryan enjoys working with his shirt off?
I'm assuming everyone is used to this by now?


She LOVES Andes mints as much as her mama!

Brynn and Daddy were supposed to be crushing candy canes, Andes mints, pretzels, etc. while
I worked on the oreos and melted the white chocolate.








After it cooled in the refrigerator we broke it into pieces and put several pieces in these little bags...
so YUMMY and so cute!
Not only did we have so much fun making this, it is SO GOOD.  I can't keep Ryan out of it!  And Shay - if you are reading this, I'm officially asking you on a "girl date" for this coming March!  HA!

1 comment:

  1. We totally have to have a girl date!! I would LOVE that! (I would also love some of that Oreo bark right about now...). Thanks for giving me a shout-out and telling all of your friends about my blogs. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete