Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prayers for Newtown, CT

It feels very strange just going on with normal life, and yet the TV on in the background is showing images from the worst school shooting in our history.  Having taught kindergarten for five years, I truly cannot imagine how those children felt, what they witnessed, etc.  I remember some of my own students bawling during tornado DRILLS, so I can only imagine how hard it was for those teachers and staff to console and help those precious elementary students.  Part of me cannot turn off the TV, but then after a few minutes I HAVE to.  Dear God, PLEASE continue to BE with everyone involved.  Everyone in that community will be affected for years to come.  I pray that through this terrible tragedy God would be made known even more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment