Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gingerbread House!!

The other night we decided to put together a GINGERBREAD HOUSE!  I LOVE doing stuff like this and I think Ryan was secretly excited too!  We bought a kit at Aldi's (wow...that place is my new best friend...I save SO MUCH MONEY grocery shopping there!) and it was only $5.99.  The kit was AWESOME!  It had exactly what we needed and it was so easy and fun!  I definitely want to do this every year!

I have no idea why she kept this hat on, but she didn't want to take it off...=)
And I had subbed that day, so when I got home of course I had to change into
comfy pants...guess I thought this shirt was comfy?


Brynn has already opened some of the candy and is EATING!  HAHA!
She may have consumed WAY too much candy during this project!

Ryan got the job of assembling the house.  The icing was AWESOME!  (It tasted so good, but it
also held the house together really well!)





We put the house together BEFORE supper, and let it sit while we ate.  Then after supper we went downstairs to decorate!  SO FUN!






Can you tell I decorated this side of the roof?  That was SO FUN!  (And clearly I sound like a big dork...)
I told Ryan we all need to get our own kits next year because we all wanted to put the candy on!  HA!


Christmas music came on so of course we had to stop and "dance."  ("denzz" according to Brynn!)

Brynn had so much fun sticking the candy on, but let me tell you...between every minute of decorating
she would sneak the candy...it was hilarious!

She just never wants to stop moving!
 If you live near an Aldi you need to get your tail over there, buy a $5.99 kit (or two or three) and make one of these...it looks ADORABLE in our kitchen (although somehow everyday there are a few more pieces of candy missing...hmmmm.....) and it really smells so good!  What a FUN night together!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Aldi! I am a regular shopper there each week. I hate Wal-Mart so I try to get everything I can at Aldi. Their seasonal stuff always puts me in holiday mood. Have you tried their greek yogurt spinach dip? (To die for...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Has your sister shown you a picture of HER gingerbread "house?" Maybe Brynn can help her next year!

    ReplyDelete