Friday, December 7, 2012

Looking at Lights

A few nights ago we took Brynn to Cape Country Park to drive through the Christmas lights display.  She loves saying "lights" (liiiiiiiii-tz) and she can find Santa anywhere (yes, it would be a lot more noble if she could find Baby Jesus, but she is working on it!  HA!) so we thought it would be a lot of fun.  We put on our Christmas jammies and headed out!

This is an attempt at saying "cheese".


When we got to the park we got her out of her carseat and let her sit in the front middle of Ryan's truck. Then she wanted to move over and "drive" with daddy (keep in mind we are only going 5 miles per hour).  She liked looking at the lights and found lots of Santa's...but then she discovered how to turn up the volume on the radio and we spent the second half of our lights trip listening to some REALLY loud and then REALLY soft Christmas music...never a dull moment!

 



Pointing to Santa!
We are fine with doing Santa, but we REALLY also want to stress the birth of Christ.
Ryan and I were so funny...every time she would find Santa we would be like "oh yeah, there's Santa and LOOK, there's
BABY JESUS!" HA!



PEACE!
Just kidding...I think she's pointing at more lights??

Back home...just had to get a shot of how cute she looked in some of her Christmas PJ's.
Sidenote - the other day for her nap I put her in these and when she woke up I kept hearing her chirping
around in her crib.  I couldn't tell what she was saying on the monitor.  When I went in she almost
looked like a cat chasing his tail because she was pulling her jammies all around her and trying to
name all the things on them.  She was like "penguin" (pei-win) "snowman" (mo-min) "Santa", etc.  It was so funny!

Another sidenote -Mrs. Linda do you see the empty area under my tree?  I've been wrapping and putting my presents under our Mizzou tree downstairs and upstairs I just want to have a cute tree skirt and just keep some of Brynn's kid nativity sets under there.  I pinned the MOST ADORABLE burlap and linen ruffled tree skirt from Pinterest (and I've bought all the material) and I NEED you to come visit me at Pam's so we can make it.  Pinterest says you can hot glue the whole thing, but I don't know if I'd even get it done by NEXT Christmas at that rate.  Even if we do it in January or February, can we plan a date for this?  Pretty please?

That face is bordering on scaring me...HA!  She's been wanting to wear her robe because I wear one quite a bit...
 So many of these little traditions are so much fun to do with Brynn!

1 comment:

  1. I love that she can pick out Santa from anywhere. Isaac loves Santa and was especially obsessed last year. Any man with a beard would get yelled "Santa!!!" at. Ha!

    ReplyDelete