Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pamaw's Retirement/Birthday/Lock-down Party


Well with a title like that I think I might need to explain...and then I'll get to the pictures.  Ryan's mom, Pamaw to the grandkids, is retiring after many years as a teacher and grants coordinator.  Friday was her retirement luncheon.  Ryan and his brother Jason took the girls to Pam's retirement lunch as a special surprise and I know she loved having them all there.  I was at school having our kindergarten field trip.  During the afternoon portion of our field trip, one of the moms that was helping with part of the trip (and who also used to teach with Pam) says "Whitney, have you heard what's going on at Woodland?"  (That's the school where she works).   I'm like "no, what?"  "Well, my husband just sent me a text and the school is on lock-down because two kids are missing!"  AHH!  I couldn't get in touch with Ryan or Pam.  I figured they were fine, but isn't that crazy!  Later that night I asked Ansley if she got to go to Pamaw's retirement lunch and she said "no."  I said "Are you sure...Uncle Ryan told me he saw you there today and you got to play with Brynn."  She says "well, I went to Pamaw's birthday party and had ice cream!"  HA!  Guess the lock-down didn't phase her...she thought she was at a birthday party!

The jelly shoes just make her look so grown up!

Congratulations Pamaw...we are so proud of you!  


Getting to show off those grand-daughters at the luncheon!

Some of Pam's best friends at school...Mrs. Wilkerson and Mrs. Whitener.
Mrs. Whitener (in the middle) is the AMAZING lady who made all of Brynn's owls and
the adorable owl bag Brynn now takes as her "school bag."  Thanks Mrs. Linda...we love it!

Ansley are you up to something??

Ansley is such a good helper!
She is getting ready to have a baby sister in less than a month and I can't wait to watch her
help with the baby.  She is a hoot!

Sweet cousins.

NO WORDS...Ansley is just hilarious!  She is at the most fun stage...the things she says just crack me up!

Pam and Rick and their boys (minus Kyle who is in Tennessee).

???  I guess since Ryan took this picture he realized that Ansley was putting something
in Brynn's mouth??
Well...the retirement/birthday party was a bit hampered by the school lock-down but Ryan said many teachers and staff came to celebrate Pam's retirement.  And if you are wondering, they found the two boys a couple of hours later...WHEW!

1 comment:

  1. What a memorable retirement party! Brynn looks adorable in her outfit! Love the picture where she is walking away.

    ReplyDelete