Monday, May 26, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

So this post is so late...but we had a great Mother's Day weekend!  I don't really have a lot of pictures of what we did, but one of the coolest things was that we got to see all of our grandma's!  Brynn and Emory have 3 great-grandma's and it was really neat that they were all able to see the girls and visit.

Saturday for lunch we went to Ryan's grandma's clubhouse and had lunch with her (I didn't take any pictures!  Whoops!)  Then after naps we headed to Perryville to visit my grandma in her assisted living facility.  She wanted to eat Subway (I know, I know...she was getting a little crazy! HA!)  so my mom picked it up and we took it and all ate together in their activity room.  Brynn ran around and we had a good time visiting!  Brynn even got to push Grandma Sally around...she thought she was big stuff!



On the way home we stopped at the mall to return some stuff and I made Ryan try on some "beach" clothes...he did get the teal shorts, and he was a good sport to try stuff on but he wasn't a fan of playing "dress-up" at Old Navy!  HA!


There was a little carnival thing outside the mall...very classy I know. Brynn was so excited about all the lights and wanted to ride some rides...until we actually got IN the ride.  She was ready for it to be over before it started! HA!


She didn't want to ride anything by herself, so we decided to have a little family ride on the Merry Go Round...Emory was ALL SMILES the whole time and Brynn was clinging to the horse for dear life!  


Sunday morning I woke up and Ryan had some VERY cute stuff sitting out.  After the skillet debacle last year (yes, if you don't remember I got a SKILLET for Mother's Day last year...) I was VERY pleased with some simple handprints from the girls and some simple and sweet gifts and reasons why they are thankful for me.  (I caught my hubby on Pinterest a couple of days earlier...hilarious!  But if you are reading Ryan, you can give me Pinterest inspired gifts anytime...WAY better than a skillet!)





After church we met my parents and grandparents at a Mexican restaurant, and then Ryan took the girls home for naps while my mom and grandma and I did a little shopping and then headed back to their house to play cards.  Actually, they all played cards and I took a BIG LONG NAP and read my book and relaxed.  Then Ryan brought the girls over and we all hung out before heading over to his parents, who had just gotten back in town from a trip.  We had dinner with them and hung out before calling it a night.  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my AMAZING mom, mother-in-law, and grandma's.  I can only PRAY that I will leave the impression on my girls that you all have made on me.


1 comment:

  1. This actually made me teary eyed! So sweet and BTW the fedora is certainly Ryan

    ReplyDelete