Monday, May 19, 2014

Brynn's Funnies - May 2014

Funny Things Brynn Has Said Lately -

  • When my sister was here over her birthday weekend we had asparagus.  I guess we were going to the bathroom and Brynn overheard us talking about how asparagus makes your pee smell (sorry if that's TMI).  I didn't even know she heard us, but the next day I said something about making special green beans for supper and Brynn randomly says "oh, those make your pee smell funny?"  HAHA!  I had to explain that it was only asparagus that does that.  
  • Brynn still talks a lot about people who are "old" or "look old."  I've been trying to explain how we can't say that out loud.  She's kind of at the age where I get nervous that she will say something out loud about someone being overweight.  Well in Aldi's the other day she looked around and there was an extremely obese person.  I know that sounds bad, but the person was so overweight I thought...yikes, this might be the time.  I saw Brynn look the person up and down and before I had a chance to do anything Brynn says so loudly, "WHOA Mommy!  That lady is REALLY BIG!"  Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!  We have had a talk about how it isn't nice to say that and I was MORTIFIED!  But hopefully we have learned...???
  • When my mom is tired she always says "I'm pooped out!"  (Like after a bike ride or gardening, etc.)  Brynn is kind of at that age where "poop" and "pee" are funny and she likes to say them.  AHHH!  Well we got done with a walk tonight and Brynn said "wow mommy I pulled the wagon all the way home...now I'm POOPED out!  No...I'm PEED out!"  Then she went through and said "I'll be pooped out and you be peed out.  Daddy can be pooped out and Emory can be peed out too."  Oh this child...
  • She loves the part in Frozen where Anna and Elsa are at the party and look at each other and say "what's that amazing smell?  CHOCOLATE!"  Well, she can't really say "amazing", it's more like "mazing" and she loves to walk around and say "what's that mazing smell?"  Then she names what it is.  The other day we were driving and I guess we passed a farm or something and she breathes really deeply and says "what's that mazing smell?"  (Then she wrinkles her nose all up) and she says "whoa, that not a "mazing" smell, that's a YUCKY smell!"  HA!
  • Her talking/vocab is pretty good.  She tells really long stories and I am always like "wow...did she just say all that??"  But she doesn't use her pronouns right.  If she doesn't hear someone, she will always say, "what she said?"  I guess because then I will say "she said....".  That's just something I want to remember about this age...I can totally hear her saying "what she said mommy?" 
  • She is a great napper and sleeper at home but she plays/wiggles in her bed for awhile before falling asleep.  Well at school she knows her sweet Mrs. Sheila will sit by her and help her from "wiggling" too much, so I think she totally milks it.  The other day Mrs. Sheila told all the kids "whoever falls asleep first will get a special prize!"  She asked them if they thought it was going to be them and they all raised their hands.  Brynn didn't raise her hand and Mrs. Sheila said "you don't think you can win Brynn?" And Brynn smiles and says "Nope...I'm too wiggly!"  HA!
  • She's starting to look at the signs on the bathroom door to see if it's for a boy or a girl.  Well the other day we saw one and it had that wheelchair sign that means the bathroom is handicap accessible.  It also had a boy picture on the top.  Brynn looked at it and said "uh...is that bathroom for boys that ride scooters?"  I could not stop laughing!
This girl is just hilarious.  She's at such a great age, and I totally understand why people want to freeze time.  I'M THERE!  We were playing at the park and a kindergarten class was having a picnic/field trip and I just thought...that's only TWO years away and I just want her to stay like she is right now.  Don't get me wrong...sometimes I want to rip my hair out with her wanting to pick out her own clothes or being whiny, but for the most part, I just could eat her up.  She is always making us laugh, she LOVES Emory so much, and she is just the BEST!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment