Thursday, April 11, 2013

SEMO Relays

On Saturday, after we went to Messy Morning, we headed over to SEMO's track to watch some of their annual home track meet.  When I was little, or actually I guess from the time I was probably 3 to 13 (and started running track myself), my dad would take me to this meet and we would watch.  I have vivid memories of us watching all the "big college kids" doing their warm-ups, and me standing by my dad and trying to "warm-up" just like they did.  It was just something fun we always did together...in fact, two years ago when Brynn was probably about three weeks old, my dad and I went for a couple of hours to the meet. It was one of the first things I did away from Brynn, just to have a little "me" time.  Fast forward two years, and we are taking our little two-year old to the meet.  She had a BLAST!  


It was SUCH a beautiful day...we got hot dogs and nachos, my mom packed a cooler FULL of snacks, and we had a big ole' time watching the runners and eating lunch.


We took lawn chairs and plopped down right next to the track...it was GREAT!  


When the runners would come by she would yell "GO SEMO!"  It was hilarious!
She wanted to start running on the track too, and she would yell "ready, set, gooooo!"  And then she'd take off!!

My dad got brave and let her run around on the track...while there were no events of course!
The girl in the background was cooling down after her race...she wasn't competing.  And seriously,
this girl's "cool down" was WAY faster than my normal running pace!  HA!

We were watching the long-jump and then the hurdles...which she called "turtles."
 I think it was about his point that she peed a little in her pull-up (I guess we all were having too much fun to remember about going to the bathroom) and told us "change panties."  I guess we didn't hear her quick enough because she started pulling her pants and pull-up down IN FRONT OF EVERYONE...like we could see her bare butt!  AHHH!

I think I was showing her the guy getting ready to long jump...we stood right by the end of the pit.
We had a BLAST (well...so much fun that we had the crying child who didn't want to leave...that wasn't really a fun part) but overall she LOVED watching everything and I definitely think this is something we will have to make a yearly tradition!!  Next year I'll just bribe her with candy before we leave, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment