Saturday, April 13, 2013

Potty Training - Week 2 - PROGRESS

I think Brynn is really catching on!

Last Sunday - She did okay at church...she didn't really want to pee pee for anyone else, and my friend Jennilee (one of her teachers in there) said she had a little dribble, but nothing too bad.  But then we had lunch at my moms, and she had an accident.  The rest of the day was good.

Monday - I subbed and Brynn went to Nonna's.  She wouldn't pee when Nonna sat her on the potty, and then went in her pull-up twice!  AHHH!  When I picked her up, I told Nonna "should I even be doing this?"  She said...just give her a few more days...you will know.  When we were home she was fine the rest of the evening (no accidents)...but I also let her run around with her panties on with just her bare bottom.  I thought to myself "maybe we will quit with the pull-ups and just take our chances with real panties."

Tuesday through Thursday - NO ACCIDENTS!  I think the panties are helping...she even peed and pooped at the park, we went to the gym, had stuff at church, etc. and she was accident free!  SO EXCITING...I am starting to feel pretty good about this.

Friday - I subbed and she went to Nonna's.  CRAZY STORY - Nonna and I are texting throughout the day and Brynn WOULD NOT PEE AT NONNA'S....weird thing...she was wearing panties and wouldn't pee in those either.   She held it ALL DAY...from about 7:30 until I got there at 4.  She wouldn't even go in her pull-up during naptime.  When I got there Nonna was like "take your child to the potty before her bladder explodes!"  HA!  As soon as Brynn saw me she was like "mommy, pee pee."  She started dribbling in her panties and I sat her on the potty and let me tell you, I have NEVER seen her pee that much EVER.  LOL!  The rest of Friday was good too!  And today (Saturday) has been good.

Lessons learned this week - never use pull-ups AGAIN (HA!) and keep her in panties (although we still use a diaper at nap and nighttime.)  I am also starting to feel more comfortable that she will tell me when she has to go, although if it gets to be more than an hour I usually take her or remind her, especially if we are out somewhere.  If we are home, she is usually running around without pants or even panties, and I am feeling pretty good about her telling me when she needs to go.

I am in NO HURRY for her to be dry during nap or nighttime, but I DO want her to start going at Nonna's house when I'm not there!  That is a bit of a concern...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment