Sunday, April 14, 2013

Birds, Birds, Feed Birds!

This post is a couple of weeks old and I just found it in my drafts...that explains the heavy winter coat!

Brynn has really been into birds lately.  Anytime she sees them in the sky she shouts out about them, and since we've been outside quite a bit at the "playhouse" she hears them chirping and sees them walking around in people's yards.  I decided maybe it would be fun to make bird feeders...I used to do that every year with my kindergarten students and figured why not try it with Brynn.  We got some pine-cones and spread peanut butter on them and then stirred some bird seed on them.  We were going to have Ryan help us hang them up but we forgot...more on that later.  After we made the bird-feeders we walked around the yard and Brynn sprinkled bird seed everywhere.  She was yelling "here birds...eat food!"  






CHEESE!



So we accidentally left this dish outside over a couple of nights, and when Ryan went out there he said "how many pine-cones did you guys make?"  I said "oh I don't know, six or seven."  He was like "they are ALL GONE...even the pine-cones!"  I'm like "oh cool, Brynn, the birds loved your food."  He says "Whitney, I'm sure some animal ate those...birds wouldn't eat the pine-cone!  You CANNOT leave peanut butter outside!"  He must have even told Brynn it was an animal because when I asked her if the birds ate the food she said 'no, an-mal!"  HAHA!  Lesson learned...I don't want some cyote or weird animal coming up to my back patio in the middle of the night...we will HANG UP our bird feeders next time!  =)





I'm almost afraid to post these pictures now...surely it's fine to leave birdseed outside, right?  We just sprinkled it on the ground!  =)  I'm probably going to have nightmares about killer birds coming to get me!  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment