Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I think we are POTTY TRAINED!

I know everyone is loving my potty training updates...NOT!  But I just think I'll want to look back on how things went because I'll forget if I don't write it down.  Well...Brynn has now made it over two straight weeks without an accident!  WHOA!  I think that might mean I can officially say that she is potty trained??  (I probably need to prepare myself for an accident today, don't I?) 

I am FOR SURE still putting her in pull-ups at night, and usually at naps (at Nonna's she only will wear panties like the other big girls, and hasn't had any accidents during nap yet).  I really could care less how long she wears those during naps and night...that doesn't change the fact that she is pretty much "potty trained" right?

My main concerns were that she would go potty at Nonna's (remember when she held it for 9 hours!)  YIKES!  Thankfully that was only one day, and she has done well ever since.  Nonna sent me a text the other day and said she had gone probably ten times!  HA!  (She also said Brynn wants to look at everyone's poo poo in the potty, which is gross, but she is really into "poop" right now...hoping that's a phase!)  She also didn't really want to go at church, with people she isn't super comfortable with, but this week at church she went potty during both hours, so maybe she is getting over that too!

We are getting way more casual about asking her...she usually either tells us she needs to go ("pee pee mommy") or just walks into the bathroom and pulls her pants down and sits on her little pink potty.  I'm also not freaking out if it's been an hour or more...she seems to be fine with going every couple of hours.

Overall, I'm pretty surprised by how well she's done.  I'm sure the next time around will be so different, and I'll want to pull my hair out and it will be crazy hard, but I'm just going to try to enjoy that this child was pretty easy! 

YAY BRYNN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment