Saturday, April 6, 2013

He is RISEN...He is RISEN indeed! HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!


Easter Sunday was a WONDERFUL day filled with celebrating our Risen Savior!  We had a busy, fun-filled day celebrating with our family, and it started with showing Brynn a couple of Easter gifts, and then heading to a FANTASTIC church service.  

Modesty is clearly not a strong suit in our family...
 We got Brynn a princess nightgown and a stuffed Snow White from the Disney store when we were in Dallas...she FOUND THEM a week early, but we told her they were an Easter present and we would get them out on Easter morning.  I can't believe she is already finding her presents...clearly we need better hiding spots!  AHHH!



She has worn her princess nightgown for every nap and night since Easter!  She LOVES LOVES LOVES it!  After church we headed to my mom's house for a quick lunch and our annual Easter egg hunt.  First, we had to take a family Easter pic.  Ryan obliged me and we wore coordinating colors this year...LOVE IT!

See a little baby bump in there?



 After lunch we got a few Easter goodies from my parents, and Brynn wanted to show them her princess nightgown so we put it on her for the egg hunt...HA!


This Sesame Street sticker book has been a BIG HIT...thanks Easter Bunny!
It had rained a little during church, so it was pretty wet outside...but the weather was so nice.  We decided to roll up our pants (or Ryan and I did...I also borrowed some of Curt's tennis shoes...this egg hunt GETS SERIOUS!) and have the egg hunt outside.

Yes, I know we (and by we I mean me and Ryan) look a little goofy, but these eggs have money involved!



Me, Ryan, Lindsey, and Curt were running around the backyard like maniacs looking for eggs, and my parents neighbors were watching us from the back.  I'm sure they thought we were complete idiots...a bunch of 20 year old's (or in Ryan's case a 30 year old!) running around looking for pink plastic Easter eggs...when I found one right by them I told them there was money hidden inside so they wouldn't think we were SUPER dorky!  HAHA!  But seriously...you know I'm competitive anyway...but when there are $5 bills hiding in some of the eggs, I have to go all out..we all did!

Our audience...




Somehow Curt walking with Brynn turned in to everyone holding hands...HAHA!
We headed home and put Brynn down for a nap.  Then I rode with my mom and sister and Curt to go to my grandma's for Easter.  We went early to visit and play cards.  Ryan took a nap and then he and my dad (who had gone to visit his mom) got Brynn up and drove to Oran a little later.



Playing cards is a BIG family tradition.  We had so much fun...my grandpa and I were on a team and we WON!



Then we had a DELICIOUS supper...I just love eating all the foods I've grown up eating at family holidays...do you guys have special things you always eat?  We do, and I LOVE IT!  I'm also VERY partial to my mom's side of the family's deviled eggs...NOBODY makes them that good!  HA!


BIG GIRL...
 Then we headed outside for some FUN!  Kelly brought some Easter eggs and Brynn and Camden ran around my grandparents backyard looking for them.



And then the real fun began...my grandparents live in a TINY little town, and the popular thing there is to drive around in a golf cart?? My grandparents got one a while ago, so we all got to take turns riding around in it.

Me, Brynn, and my grandpa had a fun little ride..watch out Oran, here we come!

My mom had never driven a golf cart before so she let Brynn drive it for her...HA!

In all seriousness...we took this thing around the block about a million times.
Evidently Camden is really good at driving golf carts!
Then it was time to head home...Lindsey and Curt had to drive back to Nashville that night so we all said good-bye to them, and Linz got some loving from Brynn!



Praying that you know the true meaning of Easter and had a wonderful day celebrating our Risen Savior!  

No comments:

Post a Comment