Friday, March 1, 2013

Our Big Announcement...

We are so excited to announce.......


That our family will be growing this year!  We are expecting Baby #2 on September 22 of this year and couldn't be more excited!

This time around, I bought a pregnancy test on my own and took it without Ryan's knowledge.  When it was positive, Brynn and I ran to Hobby Lobby and bought a Big Sister decal, and came home and ironed it on a shirt, and anxiously waited for Daddy's arrival!  When he got home we surprised him with Brynn wearing the shirt.  He was in disbelief for a few seconds (even though we had been trying so he couldn't have been super surprised) and I videoed him on my phone and it is pretty hilarious!  He kept saying "seriously, seriously?  You aren't kidding with me, are you?" What??  Why would I kid about that?  HA!  When it sunk in, I snapped a few pictures of proud Daddy and Big Sister Brynn!

Of course she had found an old hat of Daddy's...


On Monday, February 18 we had our first ultrasound.  I was 9 weeks that Sunday.  My friend Heather's sister does the ultrasound at my doctor's office and it was nice to be able to ask her questions, etc.  Baby's heartbeat was at 168 and was measuring about three or four days ahead (like nine weeks and four days) so they may move the due date to September 19, which is my Dad's birthday!  COOL!  Or as my sister liked to say "man, your kids just like to steal everyone's birthdays!"  HA!  (Brynn was born the day before my sister turned 21).

First ultrasound picture...9 weeks

I have my first appointment with my OB at 12 weeks.  We are so excited to share this news with everyone, and ask that you pray for us in this exciting time!


6 comments:

  1. Yay! We are so excited for you guys! I'm glad you were able to hear and see baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey was so excited when she was here and let us know the big secret! We are all so happy for you and of course will keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all excited for you and Brynn just gets cuter every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! We are due the same time.
    Please tell Ryan that Conway is having another baby :)

    Can't wait to see Brynn as a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! September 22 is a FABULOUS birthday...Eliana says to stick with the original due date :)

    ReplyDelete