Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dallas for Guthrie's Wedding

Whew!  We left on Wednesday, March 13 for Dallas, TX for the wedding of one of our very best friends from college.  Ryan was a groomsman and had stuff to do on Thursday so we decided to make the drive on Wednesday. (Brynn stayed in Cape...she spent two nights with her Pamaw and Papaw and then the other two nights with my parents.  THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS!)   
 
Since my cousin Erika and her husband Tab live in McKinney (a suburb of Dallas) we decided to leave early enough to try and have supper with their family.  We made it in plenty of time and had so much fun visiting and hanging out.  Then around 9 we headed to Gary and Marla's house (that's Tab's dad and step-mom) where we would stay for the next few days.  They live only about five minutes from Erika and Tab and are so sweet to always let us stay with them when we visit.  They live in a gorgeous neighborhood and I LOVE love love their house!
 
I really didn't see Ryan much the entire time we were gone!  He left EARLY Thursday morning to go meet up with all the guys, to play golf, do wedding stuff, etc.  I saw him on Friday night at the rehearsal, and then at the wedding!  That was IT!  All the guys stayed together in a lake house, so I didn't see him at night either! 
 
I spent a lot of Thursday and Friday and even the morning of the wedding on Saturday with Erika, but I seriously have ONE picture to show for it.  I guess we were too busy having fun? 
 
On Thursday Erika got a babysitter and so we went shopping.  Oh my...I even bought a maternity swim suit top...ha!  We had a fun lunch at Cheesecake Factory and then we drove around to look at some houses (they are in the process of buying a new house).  On the drive I started feeling QUEASY...I was thinking maybe a big lunch mixed with pregnancy mixed with driving around was a little too much.  When we got back to her house she left to take her kiddos to gymnastics and like five minutes later I threw up!  GROSS!  Her kiddos stayed with Gary and Marla that night, so Tab, Erika, and I ordered pizza and watched a movie...Grandma, we watched Hope Springs in honor of you!  (My grandma will probably kill me for writing this but she and my grandpa went to see that at the theater and HATED it...my mom and my aunt loved it...so we had an interesting family discussion about it...so we decided we HAD to watch it.)  We couldn't stop laughing!
 
Friday I felt a lot better.  I took it easy and then around 1:00 I drove by myself to DFW Airport to pick up Lauren and Parker!!  I didn't even get lost (that's a miracle!)  We hung out and then headed to SMU's campus for the rehearsal and then on to a really neat Mexican restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. 
 
Saturday we got up and Lauren, Parker, and I met up with Erika to go look at model homes.  That is always SO MUCH FUN!  Then we had lunch and headed home to get ready for the wedding. 

Erika, Lauren, and I at lunch. 

I LOVE ME SOME MODEL HOMES!
 
Can this be my new guest room?
 

We got lots of fun decorating ideas from the houses...they were BEAUTIFUL!  Then we got ready for the wedding and headed to SMU's campus...the wedding was at Perkins Chapel.
It was BEAUTIFUL! SMU's campus was awesome, and of course the 75 degree weather was AMAZING!  Then we headed to the Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas for the reception...WOW is all I can say.  It was beautiful! 


My hunky groomsman...clearly I had the camera on the wrong setting!



She had on one of the most beautiful wedding dresses I had seen!
And how adorable is Guthrie! 





Their dance was SO CUTE! 
Then it was food time...always a pregnant girl's favorite part!  It was amazing...no words!

Sadly this was just ONE of my two plates! HAHA!
What can I say?  I came back holding two plates and I had no shame...

And some of plate number two!
Look how cute the salads were in those glasses!



Lauren and Parker

Guthrie's dad was getting down!
This pastor can dance!

Some of the best buds from college...Ryan, Chris, Guthrie, and Alan

I just now noticed this in the picture, but one of my favorite things about Guthrie has always been his crazy
double-jointed fingers...how fitting that I took this picture!  HA!

Oh my gosh...this was my FAMILY when I was at Mizzou!
And my PAC girls...of course!

This guy was AWESOME!  It was like having a live Michael Buble' right in the reception hall!

We went to school with Patty, Alan's wife.  Then there is Chris' wife Ashley, me, and Lauren.

We spent the night at the Adolphus (again, wow is all I can say on that hotel...we saw a plaque when we walked in with a picture of the King and Queen of England, who stayed there when they were on an official state visit in the 90's, so I figured it would be pretty nice!  HA!) and then got up early Sunday morning and drove home to see Brynn!  It was a great few days, but we were WORN out when we got home! 

Congratulations Guthrie and Bailey!  Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment