Monday, February 25, 2013

Girls Weekend...

This past weekend was a GREAT getaway weekend...just what this mama needed!  My cousin Erika kind of got the ball rolling on the trip.  Her husband referees college football in the fall, so he's gone pretty much every weekend to games.  When he mentioned wanting to do something for her (after the long football season) she immediately told him "I want a girl's trip, and I want you to take care of the kids all weekend like I do while you are gone!"  HA!  Way to go Erika!  So she mentioned us going to Nashville to visit my sister! Me, my grandma, mom, aunt, cousin Erika, and cousin Jared's wife Kelly all made the trip to see Linz!  We had a BLAST...shopping, eating, visiting, etc.  GREAT WEEKEND!

On Friday morning my grandma, mom, and I drove up together to Lindsey's apartment.  (My aunt Tina and her daughter-in-law Kelly came later on after Kelly got off work).  Then we picked up Erika at the airport and headed to lunch and then a big Nashville flea market thing.  


We weren't really even "inside" the market yet and we were already looking for deals...clearly this was the junk area!  HA!

But my grandma was finding the deals...HAHA!

Then the deals turned serious...they had tons of really cute furniture.  We found an awesome table and knew my mom NEEDED it for her kitchen.  After calling my dad and convincing him, the table was HERS!  AWESOME!  (Getting the table and chairs home was another story...)


After the flea market we got ready for a night out on the Nashville town! =)


We went to dinner at the famous Wild Horse Saloon.  We even got some free line dancing lessons!




I guess I was getting into it??  HA!

I am directly behind that lady in the khaki pants in the middle, but you can see Erika and Linz on
either side.  And let me tell you, there was an adorable Asian man GETTING down in front of us...\
HILARIOUS!

Concert Time!


The next morning we got up and headed to the famous Loveless Cafe for breakfast.  OH. MY. WORD.  It was just incredible.  I can't wait to go eat there again the next time we are in Nashville!

My mom is really into getting a variety of foods...she was trying to convince my Aunt Tina
to split all these things with her so they could try a bunch of stuff.  Their order was HILARIOUS!
Our waitress probably wanted to kill them..."PLEASE make sure you make our bacon EXTRA crispy.
We want our eggs boiled HARD...no runny yolk.  Can we have extra sorghum?"  And it went ON AND ON!
I had to take this picture after they ordered just to document their shinanigans...

BEST. BREAKFAST. EVER!
Maybe even better than my mom or grandma's homemade breakfasts, and that's saying something!  HA!



After breakfast we headed to the Opry Mills Mall for LOTS of shopping...so much so that we were all about to collapse when we got back in the afternoon.  WHEW!  But we had lots of fun and got lots of good deals!!  The older crew (grandma, mom, and aunt) were staying in a hotel near my sister's apartment, and the younger crew stayed in Lindsey's apartment.  We headed back to Lindsey's apartment for about an hour to rest and visit before getting ready for the evening...dinner and a movie...

Rose Pepper's Mexican Restaurant...yummy!

 Then we all went to the movies to watch the Nicholas Sparks movie "Safe Haven."  SO GOOD!  If you haven't seen it, you should GO!  I even think guys would like it because it's got a lot of suspense.  It was seriously one of the best movies...if you like a good chick flick DON'T MISS IT!

After the movie we headed back to Lindsey's apartment.  Since my sis and I are huge Mizzou fans we had DVR'ed the Mizzou/Kentucky game.  We watched it when we got home and we LOST in overtime!  BOO!  The night went even more downhill when my allergies kicked in and I WAS SO CONGESTED I COULD NOT BREATHE.  Not real fun.  I don't think I slept much that night.  Oh well.

The next morning (Sunday) we got up and went to Lindsey and Curt's church.  Then we headed to lunch before driving home and saying bye.  Oh, and we had to pick up all the furniture at the flea market and figure out how to get everything in my mom and my aunt's cars...thank you Curt!  Why are guys so much better at stuff like that than girls?


Look out Nashville, the Clampett's are heading home!  HAHA!
It was so good getting home, and seeing Brynn and Ryan, but sometimes you just NEED a weekend away with the girls!  THANKS to my amazing hubby for taking great care of Brynn all weekend, and for keeping the house so clean!  =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You did have a busy girl weekend! Glad you had fun, I know Lindsey was looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that market!!! We would always go when my sister lived in Nashville. I have some sweet treasures from there. The vendors are all so nice. And it is HUGE!!! Next time you go, you really need to go to Jackson's and have some cookie dough egg rolls. Pancake Pantry is a must. Monell's is also on the top of our list (make sure you have a huge appetite!). Oh I love Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun time you all must have had. I can see it in everyone's faces. I would love to learn to line dance!!!!!! Beautiful group of women.

    ReplyDelete