Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Library Drumming...


This past Saturday our library hosted their monthly "Born Learning" activity.  This time they invited SEMO's steel drum band (yes, I just closed my eyes and pretended I was back on my honeymoon in Jamaica) to play songs for the kids.  They had all kinds of homemade "drums" and things for the kids to play along with them. We met Erin and Frankie after our Upward basketball games.  It was really fun!

It was SO CROWDED!





And then my child walked up to the front (there WERE a lot of kids over the side) and I was like "oh my gosh, do I really have to follow up her there and SIT up in the front?  AHHH!


Thankfully she just wanted to go get some new instruments!


Oh wait mom, no I want to stand here in the VERY front where EVERYONE can watch me drum!  AHH!



I was PRAYING she didn't knock into one of the real drums, that was like two inches behind her!




Then mama decided she was DONE sitting in the front, so I signaled to Daddy to come switch me! HA!
He sits right up in the front, and then goes in the middle of all the moms.  HAHA!  AND THEN...to my horror, I see him being silly and drumming along (if you know Ryan I'm sure you can picture this) to the music, RIGHT IN THE FRONT.  He was like "getting into it."  If I wasn't his wife, I would have probably thought he was hilarious!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE our library and all the cool events and story-times they do!  I had a major "yep, I'm a mom of a toddler" moment when the band started playing this song and I was like "I know that song, what is that?"  And then I realized it was the theme song to "Elmo's World!"  HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment