Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

We had a busy, but fun Valentine's Day!  I've had on my calendar for awhile that I would be subbing on both Thursday (Vday) and Friday for a teacher friend of mine at Orchard. So we were up early getting ready to go to school.  Brynn and Ryan opened their little Valentine bags from me (Brynn got a little Cinderella kite and she was so excited!) and then we all headed out the door.  (If you are wondering where was Mommy's Valentine present was, so was I!  HAHA!  My sweet husband "thought" that since we are going to dinner on Saturday, he would just give me my card then.  (Aka - hadn't bought a card yet!)  But it's okay...he really does go above and beyond everyday, and I'd much rather have that than a sweet card one day a year!  Brynnie went to Nonna's and had a blast with a little Valentine Party (and got WAY too many treats and sweets from Nonna!) and I got to have a Valentine Party at school with some third graders (several of which happened to be my kindergarteners from several years ago!).

Nonna text this picture during the day...all of her Valentine girls!
After school I picked up Brynn and since it was pretty nice (high 50's, low 60's) we decided to take a little Valentine walk.  We strolled down to the park and NOBODY was there...that is my idea of fun!  Brynn hadn't gotten to swing in awhile, so we were busy busy.  She wanted to swing, do the slide (with mama of course), try out the big kid swing, walk across the bridge and see the water, etc.  It was a fun little trip!
-





I helped her climb a little bit, but otherwise she almost did this by herself.
She can't (or won't) go down a slide by herself anymore, but somehow she wants to climb up
all the way on the caterpillar?  Kids!
Then we walked home and started making supper.  I wanted to do something a little "Valentin-ey" so we made pizzas, but we made them in the shape of hearts.  That was a little harder than I anticipated, but was really cute and fun!  Of course I had my helper right beside me. 

Spreading out the sauce...


This is what I normally see when somebody helps me in the kitchen...
every time I turn my back she is EATING all the ingredients!  HA!

We each had a pizza and this one was Daddy's.  She was sitting the closest to this one, so this is the one she worked out.
At one point she dumped half the container of garlic powder on the corner of the pizza!  HAHA!  I tried to scape it all off,
but I had to warn Ryan...don't eat the right corner if you don't want to gag!  Oh, and I also took this pic because somebody ate a pepperoni, then spit it out and so sweetly put it on Daddy's pizza!  It's in the top rigth hand corner, do you see it?


A little too much cheese....



We also dipped a few strawberries in chocolate and got the table ready.  When Ryan got home, we ate our festive little Valentine supper, and then left our kitchen in a complete mess to rush up to church.  This weekend is Disciple Now, a weekend where all the youth in our church spend time in someone's house (and in activities at the church) really learning about the Lord and digging in to His Word.  Our church is hosting this year, which means the big "kick-off" concert was at Lynwood, and there were a billion youth from several different churches in our area.  We are a host home, which means that about 6-8 8th and 9th grade boys are staying at our house on Friday and Saturday night.  Host home families were supposed to go up to the church to meet our kids and their leader and could watch the concert. 


 

The concert was CRAZY!  I am only 27, but WOW, I am out of the loop.  The music was so crazy and loud that I felt like my whole body was vibrating...the bass was pumping that's for sure!  The lights were dim, strobe lights were flashing, and smoke started flaring up.  I thought Brynn was going to be so freaked out, but she was mesmorized!  Everytime a song would get over I'd be thinking "whew, let's take a little break and play a slow song!"  And Brynn would yell "more, more!"  HAHA!  All the high-school kids were down at the front going crazy, and we were in the back.  Brynn got down and just started dancing in the aisles...spinning, clapping, etc.  It was a hoot!  But I DO NOT want to be that old crotchety person that says "what is this music?'"  I definitely think the high-school kids will LOVE it, and if it points them to Christ, that's all that matters, even if I did hear bass pumping in my sleep! 

We stopped by my parents on the way home because they had a few Valentine goodies for us.  I wish I had taken a picture.  They got Brynn some princess lip-gloss rings and she was OBSESSED...she wore all 7 the whole time we were there...it was hilarious!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

(And to my sweet husband's redemption, he kept saying how bad he felt about not having a card.  This morning (Friday) I woke up to coffee and breakfast and a very sweet handwritten letter, so nobody give him too much crap about it...well, maybe just a little if you want to! HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment