Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Sally!

Last Sunday we headed to Perryville to celebrate my Grandma Sally turning 90 years old!  WOW!
Within the last year she has moved into a nursing home/assisted living facility, so the party was in the activity center.  All of her six kids were able to be there, along with lots of our family and her friends.  The older people LOVED seeing Emory and Brynn!

And hilarious side note story - obviously a lot of the people in the nursing home were sitting in wheelchairs or those "motorized" wheelchair things.  Brynn of course asked "what they doing mommy? What they sitting in?"  I tried to explain to her that sometimes older people need help walking and they use those special chairs to get around.  Well the next day we were at Wal-Mart and this like 40 year old guy was sitting in one of those motorized carts.  As soon as we walk in Brynn yells real loud "That man old mommy?"  AHHH!  I grabbed a cart and raced out of there!  Then I tried to explain that he wasn't old he must just have special legs.  So now when she sees those carts she will ask "that a special man mommy?"  Kids...it is so interesting what their little minds process and try to understand.  

Grandma Sally with her 6 kids!
Someone had given her Mickey Mouse ears as a gift so she was wearing them proudly!  
My dad and his brothers and sister...the oldest is my Uncle Gary (on the right), then my Uncle Wayne, then my dad, then Uncle Curtis, then Aunt Peggy, and the baby of the family is my Uncle Tom.

They told my grandma she had to take a picture without the hat!  HA!

Grandma Sally and a few of her grand-kids.  Several live out of town but a few of us were close enough to make it.
Grandma Sally and some of her great-grandkids!  She was seeing Emory for the first time!

Brynn and Emory with Jude and Clair (my cousin Scott's kids).




Then we decided to take a four-generation picture.  My Grandma, my Dad, me, and the girls.  Ryan had a "blonde" moment and goes "wow...that's five generations!"  We were all laughing and we were like "uh, Ryan, Emory isn't Brynn's daughter...they are the SAME generation!"  HAHA!


After the party, I headed to my Grandma's room to nurse Emory.  She was ALL smiles!  (You can't really tell in the pictures, but she had just given some BIG smiles and by the time we got the camera out of course we had missed the best part).  



HAPPY 90TH BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment