Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Little Thanksgiving Craftiness...

I seem to really be into "hand-print crafts" lately.  The other night we made a turkey one and it turned out really cute!  Brynn loves getting her hands painted for these projects!


And then I guess in the middle of the project I changed into my pajamas and my robe??


Erika, I know you are shocked that Ryan is shirtless in the next picture...


We all painted our palms brown and then painted each finger a different color.  We knew we'd be lucky if we could just get Emory's hand-print on the canvas, so we did her hand in brown and then I just painted her little "feathers" on.  Before that, it just kind of looked like a hilarious hand-print blob. I can see why they always do a baby's footprints in the hospital instead of hand-prints....it was tough!  But I think it turned out SO CUTE!


I also made this "Give Thanks" banner with some scrapbook paper and burlap.


And an idea I found on Pinterest was to make "thankful garland".  I just cut some leaf shapes out of construction paper and then each night we've been talking about something we are thankful for and writing it on the leaves.  But Brynn always wants to help "write" it, so we've been writing it and letting her "trace" the words.  She LOVES to try to "trace" and she is sort of getting the hang of it on really simple shapes and letters.  It is pretty hilarious to watch her.  After she "traces" our words, then she draws lines and circles and squiggles with her pen and then being so serious says "okay, guys, now I gotta trace it" and then opens the marker and tries to trace her pen marks.  Such a hoot!


We are having lots of fun celebrating and learning about Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment