Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Little Fall Gardening...

On Saturday Ryan had to be at work all day, so Brynn and I decided to change over the "summer" plants and put out mums and pumpkins instead.  Brynn loves anything involving the outdoors and plants and digging, so I figured it would be a lot of fun.  We went to the SEMO greenhouses because the students sell pumpkins and mums at a REALLY good price (if you live in Cape you should definitely go there!).  Brynn LOVED playing in the pumpkins and trying to pick all the flowers off the mums...oh brother!  We had A BLAST using our gardening skills!






After picking everything out we headed home.  Getting the summer stuff out of our pots was a bit more challenging than I thought...we had to drag them into the backyard in the garden to shovel all the old stuff out.  Of course Brynn LOVED taking the shovel and "digging" in the dirt.





Then she found some old tomatoes that were still in the garden...she picked all of them and carried them up
to the front of the house to sit out by the pumpkins!  HA!

Then she found some plant food...thankfully nothing would come out unless it was hooked up
to a water hose, so she just "sprinkled" the plant food on the mums.  She thought she was big stuff!
I didn't take a picture of everything all set out, but I think it looks pretty cute and fallish!  Maybe I like it so much because we actually did the work instead of daddy...ha!  I just LOVE fall....and random, but I usually get pumpkin spice latte's if I get something from Starbucks, but the other day I got a caramel apple spice instead (that's what my mom always gets because she doesn't like coffee).  Let me tell you...it is AMAZING...if you haven't ever had one and you want a cup of fall...get one!  HAPPY FALL!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mother!! She is growing like a weed and it is a blessing to see how much you are enjoying her childhood. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete