Friday, July 13, 2012

Vacation Bible School/Preschool Praise Week

We have had the BEST week!!!  This week our church had Vacation Bible School.  The preschool is only open to workers children, and they have a special VBS Praise Week.  I worked in the preschool as a "runner" which was the best job because I got to do a little of everything...make snacks, spy on Brynn, set up craft rooms, put up art projects and pictures, etc.  Brynn seemed to have a GREAT time this week too!  We just had so much fun!  (Sidenote - she's also become very attached to her lovie this week...she took "Baby" (she pronounces it "bee bee") everywhere this week!)


On Monday the kids talked about Shadrach, Meshac, and Abednego (spelling??)
and a firetruck came!  They got to explore the firetruck and play with some equipment.  

-


Getting to see some donkeys and miniature horses!
(Just for the record I didn't take ANY of these because I tried to stay out of her line of sight all week!
Anytime I saw her little class coming I would veer out of the way and peek around to watch!)

CRAFT TIME!
The kids did the cutest crafts all week...we are going to have to frame this one!  




Working with our preschool director, Mrs. Christy!  Our church is so blessed to have her!



















I worked with Cori and Jennilee all week!  We had a blast working together!
Cori is going to be a senior in high school and we had fun meeting her.
Jennilee moved to Cape recently because her husband is our church's new administrator.  Her little
girl Millie is only 3 months older than Brynn, and God totally had his hand in us working together.
It was so awesome getting to know her better.  We bonded over many things this week...
talking about our favorite television shows, spying on our little girls, planning the games for my sister's
lingerie shower, and discussing craft projects we want to do in the fall!  =)  LOVE this girl!




I know it's blurry, but this makes my heart just MELT!
Yes, that is little Brynn holding on to the rope to walk back to her classroom!
I have NO WORDS!
 









Now here are some pictures that I took from VBS family night on Wednesday.  The big kids got up first to sing some of the songs they had been learning.  Then the preschool kiddos got up and "sang" two songs.  You know we had our video camera out the WHOLE TIME! HA!  It was PRECIOUS...I couldn't believe I was actually watching my tiny little baby standing up on that stage!



Preschool's turn...

Ms. Kathi took her up...she stood by her and just looked around for the first song.

Getting a little more brave...

Do you see her with the big kids?  She walked over and started moving and bouncing...it was so cute!

Then we got to show Daddy and Grandpa (Ba-Paw) the horses...she was a big fan of petting them...


But she DID NOT want to sit on it!  HA!



Last summer when Brynn was like 3 months old I remember taking her stroller up to the church just so we could walk around and watch VBS...I remember thinking..."will I really have a big girl next year who can come to this?"  I couldn't wait for her to experience it, and it was so much fun this week getting to be apart of it!  They sang so many songs, played outside and inside, heard Bible stories, had Mrs. Francis's signature VBS cheese crackers (which I only made about 5000 of this week!), etc.  I am so thankful for a church that places such a high priority on teaching little children and even babies about God's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment