Sunday, October 23, 2011

SEMO Homecoming Parade = GREAT DAY!

Saturday morning was the SEMO Homecoming Parade!  We put Brynn down for her morning nap and then just got her up early so that we wouldn't miss too much of the parade.  She LOVED looking at the floats and bands and people!

Family Pic

Here are Brynn and Frankie...Frankie's mom, my friend Erin, was in the parade for her work, so Frankie was there with Mrs. Susie, his grandma.  They are some of our closest family friends.

Brynn LOVES to feel faces (and pull hair).  She had lots of fun giving Frankie some lovin'.  He was definitely playing hard to get.

Some of our family friends at the parade.

Mommy and Brynn

Hi guys!

The funniest thing was that people in the parade would walk by and look at Brynn and say "oh, she's so cute" and then give her candy!  She got suckers, milk duds, etc.  I was cracking up...I'm like "people...she's SEVEN MONTHS...she drinks milk!"

I just LOVE this picture!  Brynn LOVED looking at everything coming by...bands with the loud drums, floats with music, the people passing things out, etc.

You all know my husband and his love for food...somehow he ended up being thrown a Jimmy Johns sandwich from their float...seriously??

As I always say, I know I'm biased but I just think she is ADORABLE!  And those Ugg Boots!  We have Uncle Kyle to thank for those.  It helps having a very stylish guy in the family...thank you Uncle Kyle!

"Everyone stop...the parade is coming!"


We had SUCH a good time at the parade!  Then Saturday afternoon after her nap, Brynn and I went to a baby shower for a friend.  It was the first baby shower I've taken her to.  She did so good and I was definitely a proud mama!  Then that night we went over to a friend's house and watched the Cardinals game.  Since we both have young babies I should say we "started" the Cardinals game because I don't know that we made it through three full innings before they put their little girl to bed and we had to leave to get Brynn in bed.  =)  It was definitely one of the best days!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney,
    Grant was 6 months old when he did that at night. Do you remember me telling you about going through the crying it out thing? That was it :o) He wasn't hungry, he was dry, and was just wanting to get up to play! This mommy was a better mommy when I had my sleep :o) Hang in there, she will get back on track!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete