Monday, October 17, 2011

100th Mizzou Homecoming!


Right after school on Friday...Ryan, Lauren, and Parker picked me up and we drove to Columbia to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Mizzou's Homecoming!  (We are the University that started Homecoming after all!)  As much as we wanted to take Brynn and show her off, we knew she would do bettter at home with the grandparents.  We had a GREAT weekend visiting with so many of our friends!

Friday night we met up with friends at the BSU and walked to see the House Decs (skits put on by the frats and sororities).  It is one of my favorite Homecoming traditions.  Here are Lauren, me, Alicia (my random freshman year roommate at school who turned out to be one of my BEST friends!), and then Lindsey's best friend's from school...Lily, (the sister), and then Kelsie.

Brewer Fieldhouse all lit up at night...it was BEAUTIFUL!

Welcome to HOMECOMING!

Seriously within 5 minutes of walking around the house decs (amidst thousands of people) we ran into some of our friends from the good old days!  It was so fun to see everyone...some have babies, some are pregnant, etc. 

Love you girls!

Watching a House Dec skit

We had the best time walking around campus (in the dark) and visiting some of our favorite and most memorable places.  Here we are in front of "Stankowski Field" where Alicia and I tore it up during flag football season! HA!

Lauren and her hubby Parker...Lauren had a lot of fun showing Parker around campus.
 Later that night we went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in Columbia...Addison's.  I took pictures with my phone but haven't loaded those pictures yet.

Saturday morning we got up and headed to campus for the big parade and the traditional pancake breakfast at the rec center!  It was just so fun doing all the things we used to do when we were in school!

The parade was so crowded and big that I seriously felt like we were at the Macy's parade! HAHA!

The best sister in the world!

After the parade we headed to a tailgate party with more friends!  Jaclyn, me, and Linz enjoying some delicious burgers and hot dogs!

There's just something about tailgating...the smell of the food grilling, the excitement in the air for the football game, and I can't forget all the annoying drunk people...that might be my least favorite part! HA!

Ryan takes a lot of pictures...and he decided he needed to get in one so he took this of himself...haha!  The sad thing is...this is one of the last pictures we took.  We didn't take the camera to the game, but I did take some pictures on my phone. 


The game was AWESOME!  We played great and WON big time!  GO TIGERS!  Later that night we went to eat at Shakesphere's Pizza (another college staple) and had such a great time hanging out at Lindsey's apartment and visiting with friends!  We LOVED our years at Mizzou SO MUCH and were so blessed to spend such a great weekend with wonderful friends!

1 comment:

  1. yay love the post! will you email me the photo of parker and me? i don't have that one...

    ReplyDelete