Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let the Golfing Begin...

Ever since I was little I've enjoyed playing golf.  It started by playing mini-golf with my dad, and then gradually I began going to the driving range with a set of his old golf clubs and a dorky little bag (which I thought was awesome).  But until last summer I had never played on a "real" course before.  It was something I had always wanted to do, so last year my dad took my sister and I to play 9-holes on our city course.  I didn't do great, but I had a BLAST and knew it was something I really wanted to start.  Later that summer we were on vacation with some friends and I played 18 holes with the boys THE DAY AFTER I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT!  (I looked it up profusely on Ryan's iphone to make sure it was safe!)  I beat Ryan REALLY BAD, which made it even more fun.  (For as athletic as Ryan is, golf isn't his best sport).  So...I decided I needed some REAL equipment if I was going to really get into it.  As a Christmas gift from Ryan I got a real set of women's clubs, a super cute set of Nike golf spikes from my parents, and a really cute gray/pink golf bag from my grandparents...get the theme here?  I have to think I look cute while doing it.  =)  I hadn't played since I got all my new equipment for Christmas, so yesterday when Curt was still in town, we (me, Ryan who was off work, Lindsey, and Curt) decided to go play 9 holes.  (Brynn stayed home with grandma)  However, having the great (and very cute) equipment is starting to feel like a double-edged sword.  On one hand, I hit a bad shot and think "oh well...at least my equipment is cute and professional looking!"  HA!  And then on the other hand, I'm putting on golf spikes, getting out my official looking golf bag, and people are probably thinking "wow, this girl must be good."  Then they see me hit a shot and think "why did her husband spend all that money buying her all that golf stuff when she isn't very good!"  You see the dilemma?  The solution is that I need to get a lot better...I'm not terrible (and I still beat Ryan yesterday) but I'm not nearly as good as I want to be.  Overall, we had so much fun hanging out and playing, and my new equipment is AWESOME...I just want to be as good as the new clubs I have! 


Ryan and Curt rode together since they hit off the men's tee boxes.  Curt hadn't played on a real course in a long time, and he still won.  (Although Lindsey and I think he helped himself out on a few of his scores...)

Curt

Was this before or after the golf marshall yelled at us for driving the cart too close to the green?  (No joke...this guy was RUDE...but we still had fun!)

Ryan teeing off

Does that mean she hit a good shot or a bad one? 

Notice the cute Nike golf spikes?  HAHA!  I don't know that they helped too much, but maybe with time and lessons I'll get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment