Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Sew" Crafty...(get it?)

I have been "sew" crafty lately! (HAHA! And just for the record...I thought of that one by myself!)  Last night was the second annual girl's craft night and we made a super cute Fouth of July wreath.  I can't believe I forgot to take my camera.  When it is completely finished I'll take a picture of it.  Then today I went to Pam's house (Ryan's mom) because her friend Mrs. Linda was going to teach us how to make these cute "pillow case dresses."  My sister-in-law has been dying to learn how to make these...seriously for probably 2 years!  So today we learned how and we made Brynn and Ansley matching dresses!

Sitting around the breakfast table...sewing away!  I actually have a sewing machine that I haven' t used in several years, but I didn't bring mine.  I used Pam's.  I spent half my time nursing so I can't take credit for this.  Pam actually made most of Brynn's.

Pamaw and I made this!  How cute!  It is supposed to be more like a dress right now, and then maybe in the winter when she is bigger she can wear it as a shirt with leggings and a long-sleeve shirt underneath.

Sarah's 2-year dream of learning to sew is finally coming true!

Ansley ate blueberries and was a great little model!

Pam, me, Mrs. Linda (THANK YOU LINDA!  By the way, she is the amazing woman who made the pottery barn look-alike owls in Brynn's nursery.  She is AMAZING!), and Sarah

The girls trying on their new dresses!  SO CUTE! 

Me and Sarah with the girlies...notice my glasses.  I'm still wearing them because evidentally pink-eye likes me and enjoys crusting my eyes over each morning even though I've been on drops since Sunday.  Also notice Ansley's hand on Brynn's foot.  She wanted to hold Brynn all by herself and we told her she couldn't, but that she could pat Brynn.  She grabbed her foot instead.  HAHA!

It was so fun learning how to make these and MAYBE I can do it on my own sometime soon!  Thanks so much Mrs. Linda for teaching us!

No comments:

Post a Comment