Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nursery Pictures


I think Brynn's nursery is finally done!  Most of the nursery was done before we had her, but since we've gotten newborn pictures taken and 3 months to use the nursery, I thought I'd post about what it really looks like right now.

The walls are a light teal...kind of similar to the color of the "Tiffany" box.

Most of this wall is just a closet...then there are some memo boards.  Originally I thought I'd use the boards for pictures, but since I have this new obsession with bows I think they might take over!  

Moving to the next wall...above the changing table we added pictures of me and Ryan with Brynn (some of the newborn pics) and my favorite new thing...the shadow box with the gown we brought her home in.  It makes me want to cry how precious that little thing is.  We also have this tiny little sleeper that she wore a bunch in the hospital that I wanted to put in the shadow box but it wouldn't fit. 

I love this chair!  I wanted one from Pottery Barn but since those things cost almost $1000 between the chair and slipcover, I found this one on walmart.com that looks so identical!  Would you believe that's a pink slipcover on it?  The slipcover is made for the chair and it fits like a glove!  It is amazing!

The crib!  We just took the bumper pads out because she has started moving around in her crib so much.  One morning she had seriously turned 90 degrees!  (So you can see the bumper pads are just sitting next to the crib...guess we should find a better place for those).  Then above the crib is the tree with the owls.  Mrs. Linda (remember her from the pillowcase dresses?) made most of the owls in the nursery.  We stole the branch out of someone's yard and sealed/painted it.  Putting it up only took about a gazillion hours...HA! 

Last wall.  My friend Emily made the diaper cake and I just can't take it down because it is too cute!  We have a basket by the door that we have some toys and the diaper bag in. 

Well, now you've seen Brynn's little nursery!  A big thank you to all of our family and friends who helped us with ideas for the room or putting things together.  We couldn't have done it on our own, and it has been a wonderful room for Brynn!  Here's to many more years of fun in this room!

No comments:

Post a Comment