Sunday, June 5, 2011

Let the Wedding Weekend Begin...

This weekend one of my very best friends married my cousin!  They had known each other since they were little, because she would sometimes come with me to my grandparents or to swim at my cousin's pool, etc.  So imagine my surprise when a year ago she tells me that she and my cousin Jared have started dating!  God couldn't have brought two more special people together, and I am so excited to have Kelly officially be a part of our family!  On Thurday we went to the church sanctuary to start setting up, and then Friday was filled with a bridal luncheon, more decorating, and the rehearsal dinner. 


Me, my cousin Erika (Jared's sister), Morgan (marrying my cousin Ty next June), and my sister Lindsey all at the bridal luncheon

Lindsey, my Aunt Tina (Jared's mom), my mom, my grandma, Kelly (the BRIDE!), Morgan, me, and Erika
Notice Lindsey and Erika's arms...we are trying to put them at the angle that is most flattering...haha!

How AWESOME is this??  This is my group of best friends from high school...there are 7 of us.  We have taken pictures on this stairway from as far back as I can remember...probably a dance in 9th grade.  We have taken pictures here for prom, wedding showers, baby showers, etc.  It was so cool that we were ALL in town for Kelly's wedding.  We had so much fun catching up and visiting with each other.  People flew/drove in from DC, Atlanta, Memphis, and Columbia.  Starting from the bottom is Kelly, Lauren, Erin, me, Meredith, Alisa, and Allison...looking good SEXY SEVEN!

Helping decorate at the church

Lindsey was a candle lighter...she had to practice not lighting the church on fire!

The appetizer/cake/punch reception was in the church fellowship hall, and my Aunt Tina made/coordinated all the food.  Erika and I cut up 750 slices of those pinwheel things...don't know that I want to see another one of those again for awhile.  =)  (Not because they weren't delicious Aunt Tina!)

After decorating I went to Pamaw's house because she was keeping Brynn for the day.  Several of my friends hadn't seen Brynn since she was born, so they came over to see her.  It was so exciting showing her off...they were SMITTEN!  Here is Auntie Lauren with Brynn.   

Meredith and Alisa meeting Brynn for the first time!

Erin (with her son Frankie), Lauren, Brynn and Meredith, Alisa, me, and my niece Ansley

So sweet!

Pamaw got Ansley and Brynn matching dresses...how cute! 

After the girls met Brynn I was quickly getting changed and ready for the rehearal dinner.  We went to Gordonville Grill, which is DELICIOUS!  It was so fun hanging out with my family and friends for the evening. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! What the heck am I doing in the group pic? Super cute pictures though! Thanks for posting! We miss you guys already :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't get enough of that little munchkin!! thanks for posting, love the pics and it was so great to spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete