Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

On Memorial Day we went over to my parents house, along wth my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousin.  Curt (Lindsey's fiance') also came in for the long weekend.  My dad grilled burgers and hot dogs and we had a big washers tournament.  We had a great time celebrating the beginning of summer!

Memorial Day is also a time to think about those who pay the price for our freedom, and for those who have passed on before us.  Almost every year I have gone with my parents to Cameron's grave on Memorial Day.  (When I was 3 my parents had a little boy, Cameron.  He died from SIDS when he was 4 months old).  I always felt sad when we went to his grave, but after being pregnant and having Brynn it has just taken on a whole new meaning.  I cannot imagine going through what my parents went through losing a child.  I am amazed at the strength God gave them to go on.       

Sisters with their guys...I couldn't have asked for Lindsey to meet and find a better guy.  We love Curt so much and can't wait for him to officially be in our family...next July!

Granny and Brynn

Brynn getting a little burp action from Pawpaw

Look at my big eyes!

Hanging out in the backyard...Granny, Brynn, Jared, and Aunt Tina (or T-Nonni to Camden, Ebby Lee, and Nixon)

And let the washers tournament begin!  My very organized and "Type A" mother actually googled and printed an "11-person, double elimination" bracket.  We played every man for himself (instead of with partners) for the first tournament.  Even though the bracket gave me a bye the first round, I still got eliminated after my first two matches.  HA!  Guess washers just isn't my thing.

Ryan and Uncle Bruce...they were the best two out there!  (And I had to play Uncle Bruce for my first round!)

Linz and Dad
Ryan barely beat Uncle Bruce to capture the Memorial Day washers title!  =)  Wow...are we a dorky family or what!  Then my parents beat Lindsey and Curt for the doubles title.  Again...I was out after the first round (sorry Ryan!)  Camden splashed around in the sprinkler and Brynn had fun taking lots of naps!  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment