Wednesday, May 18, 2011

8 week sleeping update

Brynn turned 8 weeks yesterday!  Everytime a new week flips over I think to myself "oh my gosh...this time so many weeks ago I was at the hospital having contractions or pushing, etc."  It is so crazy!  Brynn has officially been sleeping through the night for about a week now!  I nurse about 9:15 or 9:30 for the last time each night (with the lights off and the tv off...this is something that majorly helped with her falling asleep better).  I just read with my book light while I'm nursing. =)  I finish nursing and we put her down about 10:30 and she has been going down REALLY well and then I wake her up at 7 the next morning!  YAYYYY!  I know some of you probably think I'm crazy for waking up my child at 7 in the morning instead of letting her sleep longer but I think doing this schedule thing has really helped her sleep through the night (and I don't mind getting up at 7 since I've had an entire night of sleep).  We are so thankful for Babywise (for anyone who doesn't know Babywise is a book that talks about helping your child sleep and putting them on kind of a daily schedule of eat, waketime, and then sleep)...it has worked so well for us...I know other things work wonderfully for other people, but I think you just have to do what works well for you, and this has definitely been IT for us. =)

On another note...my sister and Dad left for China today!  The summer before I graduated college and got married my dad took me on a trip to Europe...just dad and daughter time.  It was a BLAST and something I will cherish for a lifetime.  This was my sister's turn to go.  She picked to go to China and they are going with a tour group.  We are praying for safe travel and a great trip for them.  I can't wait to hear all about it when they get back! 

And finally...what post would be complete without some pictures of little Brynn!

We went to run some errands and stopped by Ryan's work, so I put her in this little outfit.  How cute!  And of course Ryan loved showing her off! 

One of the "milestones" that Dr. Hoffman wanted her to "accomplish" =) before her 2 month checkup was be tracking with her eyes.  Our swing has a mobile and Brynn loves to watch the little animals go around and around.  It is so cool to see her begin to do these things!  (And also notice the cute outfit...good thing I got a picture because 5 minutes later I heard some loud tooting and realized that she had pooped all up the FRONT of this outfit!  Thank you Dreft detergent for getting poop stains off of cute clothes!)

2 comments:

  1. "I heard some loud tooting." Absolutely hilarious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes, ashley, exactly what i was laughing at, too! whit, she is so cute, aaaack i'm dying to see her! 2 weeks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete